account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Brightness adjustments while playing video

Sony Xperia Support
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: Brightness adjustments while playing video

Could you please send me your details in a PM, and will forward this for investigation.

Make a relevant topic and include the following.

Name:

Phone nr:

E-mail:

Operator:

Product(s):

IMEI nr:

Build number:

One time poster
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

I believe that I have latest available update (7.0.A.3.197) and problem still persists. Sended PM.

One time poster
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

Any news on this? Meanwhile i watched a lot of videos on my Xperia T and the always occuring brightness adjustments are annoying...

One time poster
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

Nothing. I sent my details to Johan above with no response since. This is a joke. O2 have had my phone for two weeks now and still haven't repaired it. I'm embarrased to admit that I am the unfortunate owner of one of these crap handsets. The worst handset I've ever owned and I've had some awful ones.

One time poster
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

Maybe Sony are a bit tied up paying their fine?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

Please get back to me if you still experience this after the 9.1.A.0.489 (JB) update.

One time poster
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

hello. I have made the update yesterday and the problem is the same very visible on playing video and after click on dialog box with gray background on different programs.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

Could you please confirm your build number?

One time poster
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

My build number is: 9.1.A.0.489

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

Hi. I have the same issue. When the screen is displaying grey, black or darker images in general, the contrast is lowered and the screen dims. When it is showing brighter colors, it returns to normal. This is a terrible bug and I hope Sony never meant for it to be a feature, otherwise they'd be out of their minds. Will there ever be a fix for this? It's bad enough that the screen is washed out compared to the iPhone 5.

Version: LT30a

Android: 4.1.2 Jellybean

Build: 9.1.A.0.489