account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Bravia Engine v Bravia Engine 2

One time poster
Message 31 of 35
Message 31 of 35

Re: Bravia Engine v Bravia Engine 2

I am now realizing that Android is just about "numbers" cores,RAM and etc etc.. Devs pointed out that running android OS has no specific requirement but I've seen on the trend that Android goes.. as the OS progress, it becomes more spec hungry BUT if a company really puts something or its best effort into a device then it can run that OS smoothly even though its on a low spec'ed device. Ex. Miro & Tipo

It's all about marketing, I'm not an apple fanboy because I hate apple products but with all these "fiascos" I'm slowly turning my head on Apple's side because of their OS support even though the price of their products is "offensively expensive"

More customers also would also change brand that would provide them good OS support and not abandon most of their devices w/ crappy OS updates just like what happened to the 2011 family and slowly happening also to 2012 as 2013 approaches.

Emperor
Message 32 of 35
Message 32 of 35

indeed the iphone 5 and apple products are over priced, the iphone 5's parts cost $199USD and the cheapest is $650USD 16GB - $849 64GB.

$199 on parts and $8 to manufacture

Sony is not keeping up w/ competitors within Android, which is sad, come on Sony, wake up.

What's the point of announcing new Xperias if they are not going to be available until many months later? and the cheap low end phones are available quite soon after they are announced. by the time the flagship Xperias hit the market they are one year behind the other OEMs flagship; add to that, the flagship Xperia T won't have the myriad great features the Xperia V will? what is going on there.

I would want to see this accross ALL Xperias

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Demigod
Message 33 of 35
Message 33 of 35

There already has been some progress on being more impact from the date of presenting the product until it hits the market, but of course we could always improve. Slightly smiling Face

Thanks for your feedback and I'll put the feedback further on to concerned departments for further handling!

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Visitor
Message 34 of 35
Message 34 of 35

Hello Johan,

Aside from BE2 being faster, it still works only for images/videos, right?

Can you tell us more about Opticontast panel in Xperia T? Is it the same approach as used in Bravia TVs?

Cheers,

Miki

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 35 of 35
Message 35 of 35

@ Petter, how about some info as the picture above, cost of materials and manufacturing ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)