account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Bootloop

Rookie
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Bootloop

I recently rooted my xperia arc s on ics. I un-installed let's golf and moved a few apps to the sd card using titanium backup. I then also backed up some important things on my phone. I then downloaded beats audio. I turned off my phone a few hours later and when I turned it back on it said android is updating and it optimized a few apps. It then went into bootloop. I checked in various forums on how to get out of bootloop and they all said that I must go into recovery. But I have tried all button combos and none work. My bootloader is locked and clockwork is not installed on my phone pls help me get out of bootloop. Should I flash something or do something pls help me. Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bootloop

Hi, try repairing phone software with PC Companion or Update Service. This process will erase phone data completely.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

Don't worry, your phone should be fine Slightly smiling Face

Rookie
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I dont know how i can run the update service because everytime i connect the phone to the computer it reboots and the phone does not connect. i dont want the phone to be bricked while running the update service
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

is there anyway that i can keep my phone connected to my p.c without it rebooting. because it will install the drivers and then reboot.

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Weird .... you do not have to switch on phone if you use Update Servce. Suggest you try again or try with another PC.