account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Bluetooth volume jumps to 100% - Z3 + 5.0.2

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Bluetooth volume jumps to 100% - Z3 + 5.0.2

Very odd problem - I have a Bluetooth receiver (Headset+A2DP profiles) in my car which works best with the Bluetooth volume set at ~50-60%. Sometimes my Z3 will remember the previous setting (and I've tried to force it with smart connect) but often, and every time when i fire google now, it will jump back up to 100%.

I can't find anywhere in the setting to lock the bluetooth volume (either for this particular device, or overall) and restarts and clearing the audio settings cache haven't had any effect. If anyone has come across simiar, and hopefully solved it, I'd appreciate some advice.

4 REPLIES 4
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bluetooth volume jumps to 100% - Z3 + 5.0.2

What if you disable Ok Google?
Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply, and good question - digging into the settings I notice that there is a Bluetooth headset switch in the Google Now voice settings as well, I'l try that and your suggestion and report back if either is effective.

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Ok, No problem.
Learner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Unfortunately changing the Google Now settings had no effect. I tracked this app down which lets you set the Bluetoth volume separately and it now seems to be stable - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nightshadelabs.bluetoothvolume so hopefully this might help someone else if they have a similar issue.