account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Bluetooth keyboard not working on Xperia E1

Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Bluetooth keyboard not working on Xperia E1

Hello,

I'm trying to connect an Anker Bluetooth wireless keyboard to a Xperia E1 phone and I'm getting

very frustrated.

The keyboard is recognized by the phone as an input device but the profile is always geyed out.

The keyboard works fawlessy on a Huawey phoen and given other reports it seems a phone problem.

Android is 4.3.

Any clues?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bluetooth keyboard not working on Xperia E1

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I'm afraid Xperia E1 does not support the bluetooth HID profile which is used for keyboards. The phone supports these profiles:

Advanced Audio Distribution Profile v1.2
Audio/Video Remote Control Profile v1.3
Generic Attribute Profile Client/Server over LE
Handsfree Profile v1.6 (Wide band speech)
Headset Profile v1.2
Object Push Profile v1.1
Personal Area Networking Profile v1.0
Phone Book Access Profile
FTP v1.1 (server role)

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hello Rickard,

thank you for the quick response.

Bad news.

I thought that BT keyboard support was implemented in Android Honeycomb.

So it's just not enabled in the Sony Xperia E1?

(seems working in the Z1)

As it is very important for my writing, I will return the phone ASAP

and look elsewere for a better device.

Or is there another way?

Regards

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

It depends on the model and what bluetooth profiles it supports. The Z1 supports bluetooth HID profile so it works with Z1.

I'm afraid i don't know of any workaround for this.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Thank you for the reply.

Do you know (or anybody) if it's a harware limitation or just a software issue?

Regards.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I'm afraid i don't have any information on that.

I remember seeing in another thread that a user managed to get support for more bluetooth profiles by unlocking the bootloader and installing another ROM but i can't say if that will work for E1 and HID profile and it's not something i recommend. Doing so may void the warranty of the phone.

One time poster
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hey hunn I cant see when u posted this but I hve an E1 aswell and I just bought a optimum wireless keyboard from bnm bargains looked really good for £9.99 so I bought it also my keyboard keepz jammin n freezin coz I type too fast and also my little girl has my laptop connected to a tv screen in her room so she getz watching what she wants online lol but thats not what im on about so yeah I cant seem to connect my bluetooth keyboard to my e1 but I trued it on my partners old fone which is a z1 nd it worked straight away! But when u downloaded an app to try n help me it says I need jelly bean 4.2 so I downloaded that and then I downloaded a bluetooth app as the jelly bean 4.2 wasnt connectin it either and the bluetooth app when installed said I had to download and install bluetooth stay awake but when I tried that u had to buy it and unfortunately I have no cred in my fone using my home wifi broadband system! Sorry about the speel lol did u manage to get anywhere with solving it? Thanks hunn x