account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bluetooth audio plays wrong app on occasion

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Bluetooth audio plays wrong app on occasion

Bluetooth on my Z2 when connected to my cars handsfree system was playing music and taking calls etc through the stereo. But sometimes it would play from the wrong app. So I tried smart connect. It did the same, but mostly didn't go through the stereo, just the phone speaker.
So I did an uninstall, then reinstall, then update. Still the same.
So I did a factory reset. Still the same.
Restarting the phone kind of works, most of the time. But restarting my phone, then resetting the volume, whenever I start the car is painful.
But connecting to a Bluetooth device and automatically starting to play out the phone speakers is stupid too.

Any ideas?
I will probably try my Z1 for the next few days, if it took the bigger memory card it would still be my main phone.

8 REPLIES 8
Genius
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Bluetooth

@iMott1 you seem to have tried most things.....have you checked to see if the problem still occurs in Safe Mode, give it a try & keep us updated :smileysmileythumbsup:  

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Re: Bluetooth

Thanks @dandy63
I will try that tomorrow and get back to you
Inhabitant
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Re: Bluetooth audio plays wrong app on occasion

@dandy63 it seems to work fine like that. I guess now I have to guess what app is the problem. Get rid of it and see.
Genius
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

@iMott1 that's good that at least you have narrowed it down to a 3rd party app....try to remember the last one you installed or even updated then work backwards from there, may take a while but worth it in the end i'm sure you'll agree

If you find out the culprit keep us posted as it will help others if they have the same problem in the future 

Good luck :smileysmileythumbsup:

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

It appears to be Podcast Addict, I have emailed them and they say it can't because it just uses the phones software for Bluetooth. But when it is installed the phone bluetooth doesn't work properly, when uninstalled everything is working fine.
Genius
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

@iMott1 glad you managed to figure out what app it was....are you just going to leave it uninstalled Slightly smiling Face

Inhabitant
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I reinstalled it, but something happened. Not sure what to do from here? Maybe try other apps? The podcast part of the Sony music app doesn't seem to be able to get some of the podcast I like, but trying it for the moment.
Thanks for your help @dandy63
Genius
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

@iMott1 if that app is the source of the problem you have to leave it off your phone i'm afraid......have a look on Play Store for an alternative