account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Bit my screen, now the screen touch is not responding

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Bit my screen, now the screen touch is not responding

Hi

I bit my phone (Xperia Z1) while trying to tie my hair, when i felt a slight crack on the screen. It has never happened before as I have held it numerous times before between my lips. The screen touch stopped responding right after that! No saliva entered the screen. I tried switching off by removing the sim and now I cant type my password.

I dont understand why the screen touch isnt responding. I have seen a lot of people's phones falling down and their screens developing some serious cracks, but they still work. My phone's crack is little and on the edge. Please help me as i cant afford to lose my data. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Emperor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Bit my screen, now the screen touch is not responding

@najsam

I'm sorry to hear that, you will have to send it in for repair, as for your data you could connect the phone to a computer to back it up, if the phone has a password or sim lock then you will need to buy a USB OTG cable so you can connect a mouse. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)