account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Battery usage

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Battery usage

My Sola does not last beyond 13-14 hours.I do not use 3g or wifi, internet is used very rarely, power saver is always on. I just downloaded the new firmware through PC companion. Can someone help?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Battery usage

Go to settings/ About Phone/ Battery Usage and check there for power hungry apps.
I suggest you shut down the screen backlight, it can save up a decent amount of power.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

1) Firmware ver. 6.0.B.3.184

2) No Task Killer nor Power Saver apps used.

3) Brightness approx. 35% with Auto Brightness

4) Reboot and put to Flight mode every night before going to bed.

screenshot_2012-08-15_0906.png

52m 17s total voice call

screenshot_2012-08-15_0906_1.png

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

It could be a faulty battery or signal problems ( i think phones consume more power at low signal since they try hard to connect or something, im not an android expert so dont take my word 100%) , my sola is now at 80% battery 15h after charging and thats with 30min gaming(FF III) 10min calls , 3g, and wifi on for the whole 15h ( no browsing just those FB notifications)

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Still having battery issues. there, it's ok for a while, then the battery sudenly gets drained. Android OS is reported as being the battery eater, not much of an help.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

After 4 days you have  at least 30% battery. It looks very good . I get 4 days total with network connection online all the time.  I still find it to be good. I'm still using .154

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Have you tried charging the battery to 100% and leaving it to be charged until the little lightning symbol on the battery disappears?

One time poster
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Really, does this symbol disappear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Yes.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

My sola battery lasts only 1 day with moderate usage :-(

I usually disconnect charge when it shows 100%. didnt observe on the light indicator. will to today.

My battery comes to 100% if i charge for an hour.