account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Battery issues

One time poster
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Battery issues

Hi Guys,

I just got my sola a few days ago and I was wondering whether I am getting optimal battery backup. I wanted to ask Sony support people if they have any numbers on how much battery is used my the display at various brightness. I am a scarce user and during a full recharge I noticed that about 4 hrs of screen time use approximately 50% of the entire battery. I don't have the battery use screen to share but the only other two noteworthy apps were temple run ( 1 hr 20 m) around 20% and Frontline commando (13%). Is the figures normal.

Thanks for the help

7 REPLIES 7
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Battery issues

I don't have any numbers on how much battery the display consumes at different settings in different models, but I suggest that you set it to low brightness if you want to improve battery time.

One time poster
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the reply Johan. In this case is there any way I can benchmark my battery performance against the standard performance of sola battery?

Apprentice
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

i also using Xperia sola,i have no issues like battery back up and not another issues...10 hours backup and 25% left after playing Games and enjoying internet.

and normal use 48% left after 26 hours...enough battery life...

Use "reboot pro" application from play store...set manual settings like memory clear on lock and select app which u want to exclude to close..

And

Go to settings then application and go to runnung service...then close application which u want to close...Simple

One time poster
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Your usage seems ok i guess. 4h of display time and playing games does drain a lot of power.

On the other side , i mostly use the phone as a "phone" . I rarely play games and connect to the net 2-3 times a day for a couple of minutes.

I use  :

1.Autobrightness cu 75% max brightness .

2.No Live Wallpaper

3.No Facebook / No Timescape

4.After 21:00 till 8:00 in the morning i use Powersaver with everything off . Only the phone part is used.

5. I keep wireless/bluetooth off . They are on only when i need them

6. No data connection

With these i get a 3-4% maximum drain overnight . With regular use i can get 2-3 days at least.

Right now i have 42% battery left ( on battery power for 3d 14h 11m) with these uses :

*Display 35% - 1h 51m

*Cell Standby 21% - 3d 14h 11m

*voice calls 15% : 56m 18s

*phone idle 14% : 3d 12h 19m

*Android OS 11% : 1h 18m

One time poster
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes it does seems normal I used it just as a phone(almost just about 20 m of game Dizzy Face) and it lasted around 4d approx on a full recharge, and that too with a 3G connection on all the time.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Turn off bravia engine in display settings, then it will gives u more battery back up....really....:-)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

hello, i have updated my sola to ICS but i think the camera went slow in capturing photos unlike in GB. and aside from this battery drains fast. what should i do sir? kindly advise.