account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Battery issues: 32.2.A.0.224

One time poster
Message 51 of 85
Message 51 of 85

Re: Battery issues: 32.2.A.0.224

I'm from Mexico, and my problem began 3 days ago, when I update to 32.2. A.0.224. My battery life is now 5 hours maximum 😣
One time poster
Message 52 of 85
Message 52 of 85

I had 2 different Z5 Compact devices within 1 week. Both with a total different experience.

1 Z5 Compact White had exactly the same issue as most people experience on this part of the forum. Straight out-of-the-box did 4x OTA update & final upgrade. Battery problem started straight after that (only installed whatsapp, no extra apps installed!)

Because I couldn't solve it with factory resets/fix with Sony Companion I sent it DOA back to the shop.

Exchanged it for a Z5 Compact Coral, upgraded straight-away with Sony Companion to 32.2.A.0.224, no issues for 2 days (and installed lots and lots of apps after that, because this device doesn't seem to have the same issue as my first device).

Keep in mind: both devices where used IDENTICALLY in the first 2 days of usage (hence, not used at all, only a bit of gmail and whatsapp activity), of course charging times were VERY different.

1st situation; charging times were sometimes extremely long when I started charging at 10% (>4 hours)

2nd situation; charging times normal. (~2,5 hours)

Small extra note; on a dutch forum (I live in the Netherlands) I was adviced to double check my internet settings from my phone provider. 1st phone received them by SIM (or were set standard by activation), 2nd phone I entered the settings manually (phone provider advices different settings in comparison to the 1st phone/settings)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 53 of 85
Message 53 of 85

@mschedrin If it is possible for you to provide me with a bug report it would be appreciated. You don't have to restart the phone if you believe it will make it harder to capture the drain.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 54 of 85
Message 54 of 85

Screenshot_20160710-231626.png

Rookie
Message 55 of 85
Message 55 of 85

Screenshot_20160709-103245.png

Rookie
Message 56 of 85
Message 56 of 85

Christofer

I'm hoping those two screenshots help.

Lollipop was fine - I was able to have my Xperia Z5P *not* plugged in over night

These days, on Marshmallow, I must have it plugged in overnight otherwise it's either dead in the morning or uncomfortably low on battery.

One time poster
Message 57 of 85
Message 57 of 85

Same problem for me after latest update, battery drains fast and and also when I make calls people can't hear me but I can hear them but with headset it works fine...
Regular
Message 58 of 85
Message 58 of 85

Sent bug report via PM message. Hope it helps to resolve the issue. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 59 of 85
Message 59 of 85

@mschedrin Thank you!

I have forwarded this and I'll let you all know when I have any new information.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 60 of 85
Message 60 of 85

After software re-install on 32.2.A.0.224 battery performance has increased slightly but is still not compareable to what it was with previous software version.

Edit: 32.2.A.0.253 has now been downloaded and installed. Any ideas what "fixes" can we expect for?