account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Battery everlasting

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Battery everlasting

Can anyone behind the Sony support give me a reasonable explanation on why the estimated battery remaining time is so varying from 14 hours and up to 3 days and 1 hour.

This morning after charging all night I had my phone on Stamina Mode, no unnecessary apps were active and my phone surprisingly announced only 14 hours of battery on standby and as low as 4 hours without stamina.

Normally this is announced in a wide spectre from 1 day and up to 3 days+

I wonder why this is so varying so much since it´s annoncing only standby time, and therfore and for better understanding on my phone, please give me an answer.

Otherwise I feel quite happy with my Xperia Z, still got this problem with LED notifications, but have mentioned that before and sure you are working on that in a update.

3 REPLIES 3
Learner
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Battery everlasting

I also have this issue about the battery. But I know what's up. STAMINA mode calculates your battery use based on your usage of the last couple of days. Why people are getting like 3+ days immediately after buying the phone is because the phone had been inactive for so long stowed inside shelves and boxes. If you use your phone quite heavily (like me, always LTE browsing) the estimated time is likely to be shorter. Use STAMINA. It has saved me tons of %s. The utlimate STAMINA is to turn off mobile data when your phone is not in use, but I seldom do that cause I'm very talkative in whatsapp. The LEDs work for me, though.But do update your phone to the latest software. It helps with the LED.

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I am using the Xperia ZL and my "Remaining Battery" doesnt goes higher than 13 hours.
Is this a problem or not ?

Highlighted
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

This is normal depending on your usage/installed apps etc.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.