account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 31 of 48
Message 31 of 48

Re: Battery drain

Hello Markus,

Yes, please. Would you be so kind to us and try to find out when the (NL) update is coming.

Try anything in your powers if you can. 8 days buyers-regret for me left.

Would be really nice and greatly appreciated if you keep us informed smile happy

Apprentice
Message 32 of 48
Message 32 of 48

As I had promised earlier, here is my observation based on a moderate usage using the new firmware. The battery looks freaking awesome now. Its been more than 26hours now and I still have 50% juice remaining.

I have used my phone with WIFI switched on for more than 12 hours. Rest of the time  I had 3G On. The Gmail,Facebook and Google contacts sync is turned on. The GPS is turned ON as well.

Screen brightness is set to 30% (which is more than enough for me, When I need more I just turn the backlight ON temporarily.). I didnot play games. However, I did some light internet surfing and had voice calls for around 40-45mins. I also sent a few sms.

The stats look freakingly awesome. The Sony devs have certainly done a great job in ver 73. And with our feedback on what else needs to be improved, this can only get better when ICS comes in.

(Note: I am on Non Rooted Stock version of ver 73 with no customizations.)

I am loving my phone smile happy

battery.jpgdownload2.jpg

Apprentice
Message 33 of 48
Message 33 of 48

Check this.

As I said, its certainly not what we wish it to be. But battery life has certainly improved.

And with proper feed back and direction to the Sony Devs, they can tweak the settings and provide us optimum results with ICS whenever it arrives.

screenshot_2012-03-31_1157.png

Apprentice
Message 34 of 48
Message 34 of 48

Here is the screen dumps in landscape mode. (I have browsed the web, taken about 30 snaps in a party which I am just back from, uploaded all of them in facebook and sent 12 emails using my gmail app. All the auto sync features are still turned ON. Its been 31.5 hrs and I still have 31% juice remaining smile happy)

As of your other suggestion, I'll try it out tonight. Turning all data sync off and wifi off as well.

And then shall check how it looked.

screenshot_2012-03-31_1452.png

Apprentice
Message 35 of 48
Message 35 of 48

Here you go...............the graph looks pretty good............... WIFI, 3G and GPS turned OFF for the night

screenshot_2012-04-01_0943.png

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 36 of 48
Message 36 of 48

anyone can help with my problem???

screenshot_2012-04-02_0611.jpg

the SS said enough....

Oracle
Message 37 of 48
Message 37 of 48

Thanks for uploading these screen shots. smile happy Let's hope all phone get this good on the .73 software version.

For all of you still running on the previous version I suggest you update to .73 as soon as you get it.

Also, I am still trying to figure out the battery drain discussed in this thread. No news so far though.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 38 of 48
Message 38 of 48

Markus, I am getting desperate about the battery performance on my Xperia Arc S NEW on 25th January. Battery fully discharges over circa 16 hours. NB this is with WiFi, Bluetooth, and data Roaming switched off and brilliance reduced-even putting the phone in Aeroplane mode makes little difference. I have purchased no Apps for it so only the software on the phone "as sold" by the UK Retailer Phones4U are present and none of those have I knowingly activated. Phones4U have reloaded the software but that has had no effect. They have now changed the battery but that has had no apparent effect either. (This only happened yesterday so my trials are still ongoing but the indications are that the battery will be fully discharged from 99% within the 16 hour time frame.

I understand that Sony claim that in wait status on a voice only basis the phone is capable of 480-490 hours. Operationally I am looking for 48-72 hours on the same basis-ie without wifi, data roaming or bluetooth.

Does Sony have a solution or shall i just return my phone as not fit for purpose under the UK trade descriptions Act?

Oracle
Message 39 of 48
Message 39 of 48

Sorry to hear this. With all those features turned off I would expect more from the battery.

The software's be reloaded you say. What software build number do you have in the phone right now? Settings > About phone.

As you might have seen in this thread, several users have posted that the .73 update greatly improved their battery performance.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 40 of 48
Message 40 of 48

I wish I'd found this forum and thread sooner.

I've had a Neo V since December and it drives me nuts.  The phone has trouble keeping hold of signal strength even in city centres, it overheats and.... yes, the battery runs down in about 10 hours from 100% to 0%.  That last part is the worst.  Even if I talk to nobody all day, the phone battery runs down to about 30% over 6 hours or so. By 10 hours, it shuts down.  If I check what's been using the battery, 50% or more is on phone standby.  Crazy. Just what does an idle phone do with so much power? Of course I tried all the advice.  I turned off wifi.  I turned off bluetooth.  I dimmed the screen.  I turned off all background network and internet traffic and so on.... no change.  I'd heard from other smart phone users that these gadgets use way more power than earlier models and many need daily charging but I wasn't happy that I couldn't spend a whole day at work without a charger and I wasn't happy that I couldn't go outside the city, or ride up to a high floor in a lift without losing contact with the world at large.

I called Sony support and was told to do all the stuff that I'd already done because there was no way there could be a problem with the battery.

A colleague recently got the same phone but hers needs charging every 3 or 4 days.  That being the case I went to the local service centre where the guy told me my phone's behaviour is certainly not normal and needs to be tested and repaired.  Ok... so what could be wrong with it?  His answer?  A defective part or maybe badly installed software.  Hmm... that didn't tell me much.  I already knew that much.

It's such a pity because, apart from these problems, the phone is great and I love it.  I've used many Sony Ericsson phones in the past and I've always been happy with them. It's such a shame to go bad now.

Ideas would be welcome.  Please help if you can.