account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Battery drain

Learner
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Battery drain

Hello. There used to be days when my T3 would lie idle and the battery would last 3-4 or even 5 days. Now, out of the blue it goes from 100% to 75% in just 9 hours and to 10% in 20 hours of just doing literally nothing. I have bluetooth, wi-fi and everything but sounds turned off all the time and yet, the battery acts as if the Internet was on which is weird. My android version is 4.4.2, 18.1.A.1.21. 27% of the battery is used by the OS, 22% also by the OS, next is just telephone with 12% and the screen with 10%. I have just two apps installed from the Google Play, Blizzard Authenticator which doesn't even use the battery since I rarely use it and 9gag which happens to consume about 4%. It's also not about Google Play services as it's not even mentioned in my battery usage (it's version is 6.7.76 by the way).

9 REPLIES 9
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Battery drain

Emperor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Check this out

Google plus > menu > auto backup > is it on or off? 

Playstore > swipe left to right > auto update apps, is it on or off?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adept
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

No problems here with my T3.

Have you got any applications running in background?

Learner
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

No apps running in the background. I've got just 3 apps downloaded, 9gag, 9chat and Facebook Messenger and I always make sure they are off whilst I am not using them or when the phone just lise on the shelf. I even tried with STAMINA mode on and it is all the same, it went down from 100% to 80% in just 5 hours of lying idle. None of the tips from the provided link helped me. I've done hard reset, no results. It all strarted just like that, it was working for 4 days and the phone turned off. I had charged it and turned it on and from that moment my battery lasts maximally 44hours even without using the phone as I have mentioned in my first post.

Emperor
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Facebook and facebook messenger are known for battery hogs.

Under Stamina mode, have you excluded those 3 apps? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Nope, I haven't. Everything's blocked. Besides, before the day it all started I could even go asleep with my Internet on and lose a maximum of 3-4% of battery. Now, with everything turned off it's about 20%. 

Emperor
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

You could repair your phone with PCC

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Learner
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

I did the repair thing and it didn't help at all. Charged my phone to 100%, turned off everything including sounds and even set brightness to the lowest possible and there we go, 80% in the morning, after 6 hours of nothing. My grandma has an Alcatel C7 POP with 1900 mAh battery, she's got lots of photo apps and some games and fun apps, she browses the Internet pretty often and her smartphone's battery lasts for 2 to 3 days! Mine gets 50% after 15 hours and I have no apps other than the preinstalled ones at the moment. 

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@sinny

How is your battery life so far?