account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Battery drain

Adept
Message 41 of 48
Message 41 of 48

Re: Battery drain

I have the same issue,

could someone tell me what is wrong?

that night i left the phone beside me and i turned off everything; wifi, 3g, everything....and overnight something cause a dramatic change within a period of time.

what is it?

here are the ss:

screenshot_2012-04-17_1039_1.pngscreenshot_2012-04-17_1039.png

I did some test over the days after and i notice i still lose around 5-10% of battery overnight.

May i also ask what is draining my battery overnight?

thanks in advance

Edison

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is your Xperia having software issues? Repair it with Sony's PC Companion or Sony's Update Service first before posting. Remember to back up your data before proceeding.
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 42 of 48
Message 42 of 48

upgraded to the latest software .73, battery performance is still not good... i set data connection to "edge" and since xperia s is my secondary phone, i use it lightly ie. 5 minute browsing, checking twitter/facebook/gmail every couple of hours but not postting, and maximum 5-10 minute calling every-day. the phone barely makes 12 hours...

bottom line am xtremely disappointed on spending my money on this phone 'coz this issues is on top of the yellowish screen the phone suffers.  and colors are noticeably washed-out. brought my phone to the local sony distributor, the new device suffered the same display issue.

i've been a sony (ericsson) fan for over 7 yrs... but my last 3 devices incl.xperia s really disappointed me. (my xperia arc force-closed quite often, worse the on-screen keyboard became unresponsive/froze often too.   given the benefit of the doubt of android notorious bugginess, switched to xperia mini pro w/ a physical keyboard in hope of not experiencing on-screen keyboard issues, but keyboard lighting was bad, i needed a great lighting condition to be able to see the keyboard)....

my primary phone is samsung galaxy s2, to my surprise the phone is as stable as an iphone & a wp device... i also happen to have an iphone 4 and a lumia 800 though (which i dont use anymore), so i know what i am talking about...

most likely this is the end of the line for me w/ sony

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 43 of 48
Message 43 of 48

Seriously I don't know what the fuzz is all about, (yes i know there are some people that have "Real" battery problems)

Have you guys ever used an powerfull phone like the Xperia S ?

IMO the battery is pretty nice, it easily goes for a day.
I'm a pretty heavy user myself, playing games, browsing the web, using whatsapp.

Getting an average of 32hrs and 44 mins. And thats not even from 100 to 0 but more like 100 to 10%.

40% brightness (more than enough)
Auto sync
Always on Wi-Fi or 3G(HSDPA)

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 44 of 48
Message 44 of 48

Battery life is not acceptable. If I keep the data on, it drains at a shockingly quickly.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 45 of 48
Message 45 of 48

Make sure you update to the .73 build. My Xperia S has great battery life now.

Forum Legend
Message 46 of 48
Message 46 of 48

How to "manually" update Xperia S LT26i 2.3.7 build number 6.0.A.3.67 & .73

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/34424

Message 47 of 48
Message 47 of 48

I am from India. My Build number is .62. When I can upgrade to .73?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 48 of 48
Message 48 of 48

Hi

Well it will be of no surprise to anyone that I am having continued trouble with the Xperia S battery life!!! I have tried all the suggestions, all to no avail. However my phone is my lifeline, it is my only phone and having a sick relative I need my phone at all times of day and night.

Can anyone suggest a suitable mobile charger, you know the kind of one I can keep in my bag for when its needed. I have already tried loads and all they do is eat my battery life not improve it!!!!

I cannot have my phone giving up on me by lunchtime everyday I NEED help.

Any suggestions are gratefully received.