account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Battery Drain in Xperia Z

daz
One time poster
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Battery Drain in Xperia Z

I know there are lots of posts out there, but I have to create one so Sony or Android can focus on this issue.

I am using Xperia Z with Android OS 4.1.2

Before I went to sleep, I was using Facebook , Whatsapp and some games in my phone.

When I was about to sleep, the battery was about 60 %.

Some settings in my Phone

- WIFI - OFF

- Mobile Data - ON

- Stamina Mode - OFF

After I wake up my battery has 2% left, luckily my alarm clock still sounded Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes.

I took a screenshot of the battery usage. Androd OS used up a whole chunk of my battery life.

Is there any other way other than restarting my phone before I go to sleep?

IMG-20130326-WA0000.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
Emperor
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Battery Drain in Xperia Z

most likely your phone was syncing something with facebook or it was syncing newsfeed all the time.

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

daz
One time poster
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

I understand that it could be syncing or updating. But to drain out 50+ percent of my battery is absurd.

When I check my notifications I had like 3 notification updates. I could not do the screenshot now since I have restarted my phone.

when I tap on "Android OS" it says

CPU Total  - 19m 52s

Keep Awake - 6h 34m 22s

Data Sent - 2.69kb

Data received - 6.35kb.

Whats keeping my phone awake?

Thanks for the quick reply

Emperor
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

there are myriad apps that could keep your phone awake, antivirus, ram apps, battery apps, it could be syncing your fb albums

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Genius
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

yes and also a lot of people tend to blame Sony for strange behavior on their device - could also be some badly written SW that you have installed

I said this before on this forum, when I got my EZ I ran it without installing anything on the phone to check for stability and only after a few days did I start to load a minimal amount of apps, I would call my phone very stable at the moment but you'll hear me if that changes

daz
One time poster
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

I just got this phone last week. I am not blaming sony. I think its Android OS problem. But I do not know how to "update" my android OS anyway. If there is an update im sure sony will update me thru its

Sony PC Companion.

I even unistalled the pre-installed Mcaffee.

I use Whatsapp, Facebook, CatWar2 ( game ) and made some phone calls before I went to sleep.

The battery went from 75% to 60% (thats fine since I was using it alot). I intentionally did not restart my phone just to see how long the battery lasts. Before I sleep I "lock" my screen, I did not think it would consume alot of my battery.

But overnight... the battery drop from 60% to 2%.. lol

Message was edited by: daz

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

what is that icon on the top left side (orange)?

daz
One time poster
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Chikka Messenger App - an app that can send free SMS to philippines.

daz
One time poster
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Thanks for the replies.

I googled some answers but it seems there is not definite answers. Some say apps, some say battery, some say install battery guru snapdragon..etc

Even my "Estimated Standby Time" is weird. It shows 4 hours with my battery at 60%.

I enable "Stamina Mode" and it still shows 4 hours. restarting the phone doesnt do anything

But I will try to drain out the battery and do a 8 hour charge later.

Will keep you updated.

Talent
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

The left corner icon is the power management tip and it states which app is not allowing the mobile to go on to the stamina mode... If you have enable auto sync, typically Facebook app does not allow the mobile to go on standby and hence would be consuming battery continuously..

If you have checked the power management tip, let know..

Do not forget to give kudos and to select the correct answer as solution

Always Xperia