account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Battery Charging

Talent
Message 1 of 29
Message 1 of 29

Battery Charging

Why does it take so long to charge the battery for my Xperia Z3? Once it's fully charged i'm quite satisfied with the amount of battery usage . I used to have the Z1 compact which I found had an excellent battery - quick to charge as well as a long life!
Anybody else having the same issue?
TINA
--❌--
28 REPLIES 28
Emperor
Message 2 of 29
Message 2 of 29

Re: Battery Charging

http://www.phonearena.com/news/All-bow-to-the-new-endurance-king-Sony-Xperia-Z3-scores-a-record-batt...

Check the link above, it does take a whike to charge but it last longer

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 29
Message 3 of 29

Is the Z3 new? If it is taking a while to charge in the beginning is normal. Also, are you using a wall charger or a computer to charge the phone?
Talent
Message 4 of 29
Message 4 of 29

It's not brand new. I bought it from a CeX store (webuy.com). I traded in my Z1 compact for it on Xmas eve. I am using a wall charger.
TINA
--❌--
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 5 of 29
Message 5 of 29

How long does it take to charge with the wall charger?
Message 6 of 29
Message 6 of 29

@Phy The answer lies in the standard wall charger that Sony supply with phone.If I use that one from 20% battery takes over 3 hrs.If I use a different charger takes about 2 hours.The Qualcomm 2.0 chargers are few and far between here in the UK
So if he needs to charge it quicker,that's what the OP needs.
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 7 of 29
Message 7 of 29

@stockyvillage check this out http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z3-Compact/Qualcomm-Quick-Charge-2-0-for-UK-Z3C/m-p/894635/high...
Rickard posted: "The Z3 Compact does support Quick Charge 2.0 but we currently don't have any Quick Charge 2.0 charger on the market.
Note that if you want to use Quick Charge 2.0 over the magnetic connector the charging dock must also support Quick Charge 2.0. Our DK48 supports it."
Message 8 of 29
Message 8 of 29

I have the DK48 doesn't charge the phone any faster @phy
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 9 of 29
Message 9 of 29

Why my battery charges only till 99%. If I wanna full 100 % I have to re-plug charger. Can u explain me this?

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Genius
Message 10 of 29
Message 10 of 29

@mrnino wrote:

Why my battery charges only till 99%. If I wanna full 100 % I have to re-plug charger. Can u explain me this?

Hi, is your phone switched on & running at the time .........if so try switching it off & see if it charges to the 100% :smileysmileywink: