account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Backlight battery usage!

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Backlight battery usage!

Hello all, i just had my xperia sola and i know that everyone is complaining about the battery usage which is the case with me too, but i have noticed that the display uses alot of the battery power, i leave the backlight on all time and automatic brightness, could the backlight coz this?????

12 - 1.jpg

Thank you sooo much!!!!!!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Demigod
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Backlight battery usage!

Hello Kaspro

You should set the back light to 30 seconds or 1 minute. (I personally set it to 30 seconds)

The brightness in automatic is fine, but to save more set the manual control to 1/3 of the bar.

Hope that helps

Francis.

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thank you Francis, but i wounder about the option in the quick tools setting which turns off/on the backlight, i'm not quite sure what this is, but i assume its the LED backlight

bakclight.jpg

Demigod
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Oh, that one in particular sets the back light values to maximum when active and then back to your normal settings when off.

Francis.

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Oh thank you, so i'm gonna set it to off, it seems it drains the battery really bad.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I'm using my backlight ON all the time, but set the max brightness to ~75% with Autobrightness and it is set to 30sec . At night i use the PowerSaver with everything OFF but the phone part. Like this , the Display uses about 40-45%