account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Background color of navigation bar in Android 6

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Background color of navigation bar in Android 6

Dear Sony Support,

why in the latest Android version, Android 6, there is not added the feature to choose between black or white background color of the navigation bar as in LG G5?

It is sure that a white navigation bar will fit perfectly with the white pages of the apps and with the white frame of your Xperias in white color! Also, a white navigation bar will fit perfectly with a black frame, so why don't implement it as a firmware feature? Thinking Face

Best!

11 REPLIES 11
Emperor
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Background color of navigation bar in Android 6

@Alessio_84

You can contact Sony directly with your feedback and suggestions >>> Local support

Marshmallow was just released in Japan and if you look at the screenshots

http://www.sonymobile.co.jp/product/update/docomo/marshmallow/

it does change color accordingly with the situation, quite close to vanilla android 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

@uliwooly

I've seen the DoCoMo scrennshots and I repeat, unfortunatelly, the navigation bar remains always black. In the LG G5 the user can choose if have the navigation bar white or black and thisi is a firmware feature. A white navigation bar with black icons will be a great improvement in UI elegance; unfortunately not considered by Sony.

Thanks again.

Emperor
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

@Alessio_84

when you say the navigation bar are you referring to the notification bar or the virtual keys bar? the great thing about android is that you can download apps, launchers, etc to customize your phone as you please. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

@uliwooly

For the Google's Material Design guidelines, the terms are only (without interpretation):

• navigation bar is the bottom bar with virtual soft keys;
  • status bar is the upper bar with notification icons.

That are the correct term without interpretation. The white navigation bar, as option to choose as in LG G5, is a firmware improvement and not something personalizable with apps; only the root could be change it by app.

Thanks again!

Emperor
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

@Alessio_84

I can't find info on that here 

https://www.google.com/design/spec/material-design/introduction.html

Commissioner
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

@uliwooly

Here there are all the informations about the Google's Material Design layout:

https://www.google.com/design/spec/layout/structure.html#structure-system-bars

Best

Emperor
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

@Alessio_84

thanks

Adept
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Commissioner
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

The theme is interesting, but it is not what I would say.

So thanks anyway! Winking Face