account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

BKB 50 Keyboard Firmware Update Issues

Apprentice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

BKB 50 Keyboard Firmware Update Issues

So I recently aqcuired a used BKB 50 keyboard. I saw that it functioned normally before I purchased it, but now I can't get it to work on my Tablet Z4! Here's the issue, the keyboard wil show up on my device no problem, when I select it to pair it also pairs without issue. After pairing, I receive a dialogue to download a firmware update to 1.02 (which I understand isn't even the most recent version of the firmware). Now here's the frusturating part: When I select to download the firmware update, the update ALWAYS fails. Everytime. Without the firmware update, none of the keyboard functions work (no typing, etc). I've looked online to see if I can manually install the firmware update (no luck) and I've tried support to see if they might now how to get the update working (also no luck). I'm pretty much out of ideas and so I'm posting here. I've tried resetting the keyboard (holding bluetooth and power button down for three seconds) but it doesn't seem to do anything. 

Anyway, any help is appreciated.

PS. I have spent the last hour researching for an answer on this and haven't found anything. Sorry if the answer has already been posted.

3 REPLIES 3
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: BKB 50 Keyboard Firmware Update Issues

have you tried pairing them both while the tab is on safe mode? then upgrade the keyboard? I dont know if it is possible but is there someway to connect the keyboard to the Xperia Companion

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Apprentice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I haven't tried safe mode, good idea. I have tried using the PC app, but it won't recognize the keyboard. 

Edit: No luck. It almost looked like it might work for a second, but in the end gave me the same error message Slightly frowning Face

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

well I'm out of ideas at moment,.

I suggest a visit to the local service center might help Local support

or try to ask the question at XDA forums..

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling