account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Automatic light intensity control not working well

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Automatic light intensity control not working well

I don't know what's the English word for that but there's this automatic light intensity controller.
Well, it's not working.
I mailed Sony Xperia, they told me to make a test. I did without any success. Their next advice -if the test was not successful- is to send the phone to Support Center. Before loosing my phone I'd like to ask you guys what you think.
Basically it's just not working. The manual intensity control works but the automatic one does not.
They also wrote that -if the test was successful and I still experience the same- I might suspect that a third party application has an effect on the phone and that I should reboot in a restricted mode to see if that was the case. I haven't done that yet since the test was not successful.
What do you think guys?
3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Automatic light intensity control not working well

@dylandog

This is what I would do 

boot in >>> safe mode

and then repair it with XC and test it again. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hello!

Rebooted with safe mode.

Made a test - it's still not working.

Sorry, what is XC? :/

You mean send the phone to Xperia Care Center?

Emperor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@dylandog

Xperia Companion (XC)

Software Repair Guide

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)