account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Auto rotate and other problems on the Xperia Z1

Adviser
Message 21 of 43
Message 21 of 43

Re: Auto rotate and other problems on the Xperia Z1

Has this been addresses yet by sony? Since the update this seems to be happening every day and the only "soluiton" is as you all know is to restart the phone. Other than the battery life problem im not sure what that last update did.

Apprentice
Message 22 of 43
Message 22 of 43

Nothing solved for me!!!

One time poster
Message 23 of 43
Message 23 of 43

Sony, are you listening? It would be great if someone responds...fix auto rotate!!
One time poster
Message 24 of 43
Message 24 of 43

I had same problem when I reset the phone to factory settings, but after facing this problem, I did something in settings (diagnosis) and it was solved. Without any additional applications.
Now my home screen rotates automatically
One time poster
Message 25 of 43
Message 25 of 43

i had this problem from now.. is any resolved for this problem?? sony please answer about this problem

Learner
Message 26 of 43
Message 26 of 43

Now I'm also having a problem with a screen rotation on my Z1 Compact. It doen't switch to landscape mode in home screen (not even when phone is in dock). Any help from developers?

One time poster
Message 27 of 43
Message 27 of 43

I have the same problem Rotation stopped And the other one with swithing dead until power + volume I want my money back
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 28 of 43
Message 28 of 43

3 month is enought WAITING sony to fix this bugs

and after using sony phone since 2003 ( sony ericsson ) and become sony fans too

but now, i am sorry sony i just wanna say "GOOD BYE SONY" and i would not sell your stuff again or even recommended your smartphone to my family / friends anymore..

now i am using G2 ,, no bugs no common problem better prices..

Visitor
Message 29 of 43
Message 29 of 43

Not having auto-rotate in home screen is a pity, especially since it works on the dock station, which means that the feature is implemented, works, but has been disabled in normal use...

At least, put an option for enabling it!

Cheers

One time poster
Message 30 of 43
Message 30 of 43

after i got the kitkat update 14.4.a.0.108, having issues with my camera..the camera is stuck in landscape mode..have to restart the phone to get to portrait mode...but after 2-3 hrs. its back to landscape mode...any solution for this??