account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Application to send music from phone to radio by playing on specified frequency.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Application to send music from phone to radio by playing on specified frequency.

When I had Nokia smartphone, there was an application, which allowed me to play music from phone on radio by sending it on real time on specified frequency. For example, I played a radio on magnetophone do example on frequency 91,5, Then I run an app, Special an frequency for example 91,5, press button Start nad play some music on my phone. Then, when I put my phone near radio, it was playing music, which i played on phone. Is there an application working like that for Android?
2 REPLIES 2
Adviser
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Application to send music from phone to radio by playing on specified frequency.

There is no radio transmiter in XL. Only receiver.
Master
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Application to send music from phone to radio by playing on specified frequency.

What you're talking about is called 'FM transmitter'. This is not supported by the hardware in Xperia L. 

However there is a lot of 3rd party accessories to get your phone to work as a FM transmitter. Usually you connect like a adapter to the 3,5 mm contact and set the frequency on the adapter. 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.