account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Any way to downgrade

Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Any way to downgrade

I had my phone set for "Do not automatically install updates" but unfortunately it did anyway. I want to rollback because this update has screwed my whole phone. I don't want to have to do a factory reset if I can get around it. My phone is almost unusable.

I've read on the forum the only option is a factory reset, please tell me Sony has gotten smart enough to provide a remedy. Not only is it unusable, but I just don't like the whole setup.

Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Any way to downgrade

@Acer_DeVille

You have 2 options

1 contact your Local support

or

2 use flashtool or Xperiafirm

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/How-to-manually-update-downgrade-root-2014-Xperias/td-p/593...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

uliwooly, thank you so much. My phone was almost bricked today, it started giving me a pop-up saying I had to update Google Play or none of my apps would work. It got to the point that it would pop right back up when I cancelled it. So I updated it, after upgrading every app I opened either was just a blank page with the apps border. None of the buttons would work. So I opened the app drawer and half my apps were a black box with a red X on it. 

So I did a factory reset, but unfortunately it was still the 5.1.1 version. So I will be using your directions first thing tomorrow. 

Again thank you. 

Emperor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@rk4262

anytime

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)