account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Marshmallow 6 on our Xperia Z5

Adept
Message 211 of 292
Message 211 of 292

Re: I'm ready to return this xperia z5 compact

@cujosmom2 wrote:

I've read numerous threads about the various wifi and bluetooth issues. I paid $500 for this phone. Sorry I am not going to download software onto my computer to reload xperia. Too much time & agita. According to the users, it doesnt fix the troubles anyway. Whats also disappointing is that despite all the complaints on this forum, SONY HASNT MADE ANY OFFICIAL ACKNOWLEGEMENT. There should be an official response from Sony posted in this forum. As to whats causing the problems, and when an update will be sent out to fix. I work for one of the largest telecoms in the U.S. and I cant believe SONY's poor customer service. Why wonder Sony has had difficulty acheiving success in the.US Market. I'm about ready to throw in the towel and.demand my money back on this phone. It is USELESS with Wi-Fi that often doesnt work and a bluetooth that is spotty in behavior. SONY? I expected so much more from you.

Shshshshshshhh speak slowly or dont speak at all. I wrote many times and all the posts were deleted from this forum. And eventually i was banned from the forum. Re registered with new ID just for the solution of my problems. Sony can't digest its criticism. You spent $500, whereas I spent $850(59900 INR) on my Z5 Premium Dual. And you can see the treatment we all are getting. What you are writing now, I have already written and deleted by them. Asked for official statement and these bugs fixed especially bluetooth stuttering which makes my phone hot as just baked cookie and uses 2.5GB RAM consisyently out of available 2.7GB. Making my phone slow and hot(after update only). I think that stuttering and heating is memory issues.

Adviser
Message 212 of 292
Message 212 of 292

Re: Android Marshmallow 6 - FW 32.1.A.1.163 on our Xperia Z5

My Xperia Z5P does not have any bluetooth Apt-X lag issues (Unlocked UK phone with UK Firmware 32.1.A.1.163)

I fixed my Z5P 5 GHz wifi issue by reformatting my router to factory default then reconfiguring the router again. Linksys WRT1900AC V.1  some kind of IP Address fetch issue (IP Address conflict). 

Regular
Message 213 of 292
Message 213 of 292

FW 32.1.A.1.185 for Z5C

Just installed FW 32.1.A.1.185. Have to find out the differences. Z5C

Regular
Message 214 of 292
Message 214 of 292

New update 32.1.A.1.185 for Z5C

Installed new firmware 32.1.A.1.185 on my Z5C this morning. See no big differences yet.

Anyone else got this firmware?

Posted this message already this morning but somebody found it necessary to delete it.

CPB

Talent
Message 215 of 292
Message 215 of 292

Re: FW 32.1.A.1.185 for Z5C

Yes I've just installed too but don't see any noticeable changes
Apprentice
Message 216 of 292
Message 216 of 292

Re: FW 32.1.A.1.185 for Z5C

Updating now....

1*  Fingerprint authentication works finally. I am very pleased.

One time poster
Message 217 of 292
Message 217 of 292

I didn't get any marshmallow update

Hello guys
I didn't get any marshmallow update for my Xperia Z5 compact
Is this normal ?
One time poster
Message 218 of 292
Message 218 of 292

Re: I didn't get any marshmallow update

I did not get any for my z3+ yet (netherlands)
Apprentice
Message 219 of 292
Message 219 of 292

Re: Android Marshmallow 6 on our Xperia Z5

Update still ropey eh? Sony, I have a Z5C because it's the only smaller phone you can buy (no iPhone... Just no...) that doesn't have crappy specs to go with the reduced size. But why do there seem to always be significant issues with firmware updates?

To those who have updated successfully, did you simply use the OTA update, or did you back everything up, completely reset your device then upgrade via a PC? I won't update till I'm confident I won't ruin my device (I depend on a reliable phone to do my job!) but I am curious, as some of you seem to have met with success.

Sage
Message 220 of 292
Message 220 of 292

Re: Android Marshmallow 6 on our Xperia Z5

I upgraded to the latest and greatest MM via Bridge for Mac and now, apart from some minor quirks (icons in battery statistics and Trackid not working with FM radio), my Z5c is the phone it deserves to be.

i am impressed. Good work, Sony.