account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android Marshmallow 6 on our Xperia Z5

Adept
Message 21 of 292
Message 21 of 292

Re: Android Marshmallow 6 - FW 32.1.A.1.163 on our Xperia Z5

If you're not expecting a lot of new features, I think you will be very pleased with the new MM firmware.

I got my Z5 back in early November, and that phone was an unsuable mess for me, based on my usage (many Bluetooth issues, laggy UI, etc.)

With Marshmallow, it's a new phone and as far as I can tell, all the most annoying issues I had with Lollipop are now fixed. The Z5 finally feels like the premium/flasgship phone it should have been since day 1.

Some stuff are still missing (6.0.1, Camera2 API, manual controls, Stamina Mode, new UI elements like in the Xperia X videos, etc.) but at least the phone is now enjoyable to use, and it flies.

I'm very pleased overall. Not a revolution, but a more than due update. Lollipop was terrible.

One time poster
Message 22 of 292
Message 22 of 292

No update here in Germany
One time poster
Message 23 of 292
Message 23 of 292

No update here in Slovenia for now
Commissioner
Message 24 of 292
Message 24 of 292

Sony, why did you release such awful update?
-No transparentstatus bar?
-No possibility to format SD card as internal storage
-No possibily to turn off drawen from ui (use just simple all icons on screen)=no UI
-No Stamina app
-just 6.0 not 6.0.1
Why? @Rickard, @Christofer

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Commissioner
Message 25 of 292
Message 25 of 292

For trasparent status, follow my 3D because now I think there's an explanation for this, that remains black with all their theme !

I haven't understood 3rd point

Stamina will be introduced into next update in April with latest bugfixes (I think they are investigating that Stamina and Doze work better together and not worser than ever)

6.0 with latest build patch, as 6.0.1 is just bugfix for Nexus but we have latest bugfix and security patch Slightly smiling Face

Just a question : How do u TAG users ?
Commissioner
Message 26 of 292
Message 26 of 292

@Robertods88

3rd point: Possibility to choose between current UI with all apps in menu, or modern UI with all apps in screen just (like iphone)...

Commissioner
Message 27 of 292
Message 27 of 292

As on Concept !

I think is still in Beta or some active users don't want massively !

How do u tag me ?
Commissioner
Message 28 of 292
Message 28 of 292

@Robertods88

To mark name just write @nick, then mark @nick, click on insert/edit link and copy there url of nick you wanna mark

In that home launcher there's possibility i settings to choose between classic (now) interface and new moder interface (iphonish)

Adept
Message 29 of 292
Message 29 of 292

Sadly I am with Three in the UK, so got to wait until they decide to add their stuff before they release it to the customers 😡

Message 30 of 292
Message 30 of 292

Might not be too long, some branded UK models got updated today.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.