account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android Marshmallow 6 on our Xperia Z5

Inhabitant
Message 271 of 292
Message 271 of 292

Re: Android Marshmallow 6 on our Xperia Z5

I just got an update to my Z5C today.   New build number is 32.2.A.0.224.

Marshmallow updated with me months ago, like with everyone else...

Adviser
Message 272 of 292
Message 272 of 292

G'day,

So much for the Marshmallow 6 Rollout. For Build # 32.2.A.0.224 it is not available in Australia!

Adviser
Message 273 of 292
Message 273 of 292

No mate, not here!

Sage
Message 274 of 292
Message 274 of 292

.224 added an unuseful icon in the status bar that warns you about the plugged earphones. 

Enthusiast
Message 275 of 292
Message 275 of 292

On Sony Suport is still Latest available software: 32.1.A.1.185
Inhabitant
Message 276 of 292
Message 276 of 292

Confirmed.

I just repaired my Z5 yesterday (06/10/16) and it installed 32.1.A.1.185.  The Sony Companion software stated no additional updates were found.

Still stuck with GPS bug (only way to access GPS faster is either purging GPS data, or enabling Airplane mode).  Seems no corrections were done to fix this issue with .163 or the .185 updates.

One time poster
Message 277 of 292
Message 277 of 292

Can anyone say when the update will roll-out in Australia? Please
Adviser
Message 278 of 292
Message 278 of 292

Hallo Sony Mobile,

Please let your fellow Aussie Sony Xperia cell phone owners know "When will the Marshmallow 6 update for the relevant Sony cell phones be rolled out in Australia" PLEASE!!!

Adept
Message 279 of 292
Message 279 of 292

great day!

I flashed my Z5 (E6653) to the latest build 32.2.A0.224 and it is fantastic! Phone is working like a charm. It is the best that ever happend with the Z5. Comming from Android 5.1.1 with a lot of issues, everything is fixed now.

- The bluetooth issue is fixed, phone connects great to SmartWatch3 and carkit (without disconecting)

- Auto brightness now works as it should be!

- Battery draining is over, Yesterday my Z5 had over 50% battery left on the end of the day.

- Overheating is over! The phone stayes (pretty much) cool during use!

- Camera works better! The unnatural blueish color in low light pictures is farly gone.

- Phone works much faster

My feeling is that the Android 5.1.1 build that first came during shipping was not ready for the Z5 yet. Now it feels like a complete different device. I must say that I did a complete clean install of the firmware.

Adviser
Message 280 of 292
Message 280 of 292

G'day,

Good to hear that the claims of Sony are actually supported by Marshmallow 6. I am in Australia, actually close to Brisvegas. Where are you and when do you expect or predict that Marshmallow 6 will be rolled out in Queensland for my Premium, my wifes Premium and my daughter's Spectre Z5??

Luv to hear from ya,

Ken