account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android Marshmallow 6 on our Xperia Z5

Sage
Message 221 of 292
Message 221 of 292

Re: Android Marshmallow 6 on our Xperia Z5

I have to partially retreat my previous post. After the MM upgrade problems are, in order of importance;

1. Phone crashes and reboots by itself if FM radio and bluetooth service are active at the same time;
  2. Mail app does not give the chance to cut and paste text from e-mail because the "select/cut/paste" vanishes while in "reading" mode. You can cut/paste in "editing" mode though;
  3. Clumsy way to manage files with OTG usb drive;
  4. No way to cut/copy files from USB drive with File Commander App; it would be no matter but File Commander is the preinstalled by Sony file management app, and premium version is expensive, although not working, too.

Anyway it seems to be better than Lollipop, so: you have done a good work Sony's staff, kudos. You have just to refine those glitches and Z5 will be up to par with Z3 series again.

Adept
Message 222 of 292
Message 222 of 292

Even after updating a new small update of around 80+ MBs, all the problems still stay like Bluetooth stuttering, this result in phone heating up to an extreme level, no dual ringtone, phone lags a lot, I hard reset the phone but nothing yet so far. This memory issue is killing my phone by heating it stuttering and good god knows what more. Even small web page loading stops Bluetooth streaming.

Message 223 of 292
Message 223 of 292

,6.0 here, but why is everything using the battery? Screen is 6th thing in list of battery consumption and 20% of battery gone in first 2hours of day. Not even done much with it, few text, checking train times and artificial off alarm.
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 224 of 292
Message 224 of 292

I still haven't received the Marshmallow update on my Z5 Compact.

Dutch generic firmware with T-Mobile NL simcard.

Anyone has an idea why?

Adept
Message 225 of 292
Message 225 of 292

Me neither. Sony Xperia Z5 unbranded (Holland). I asked Sony Mobile an hour ago on Facebook, but they can't tell when the update comes. We just have to wait. They say it will come eventualy.
One time poster
Message 226 of 292
Message 226 of 292

You can check the latest version per country/provider via this link: https://xpericheck.com/device/E5823

Last update for Belgium and The Netherlands was 3 weeks ago and was an update for Lollipop. Still no sign of the Marshmallow update though. Slightly frowning Face

Apprentice
Message 227 of 292
Message 227 of 292

After hearing the issues people are having, are you sure you want the update? Sounds like waiting a while for the bugs to be ironed out is a safer policy. Lollipop works fine on my Z5C, just because there's newer firmware it doesn't mean it's necessarily better...
Learner
Message 228 of 292
Message 228 of 292

@Gazza021 wrote:
After hearing the issues people are having, are you sure you want the update? Sounds like waiting a while for the bugs to be ironed out is a safer policy. Lollipop works fine on my Z5C, just because there's newer firmware it doesn't mean it's necessarily better...

Exactly.

For me the software update reminder is popping up for over 2 weeks now but as long as people are reporting serious bugs, way less battery time and similar issues, I won't update.

When there is an announcement by Sony saying something like "Due to popular demand we bring the Stamina Mode back...", that's gonna a moment when I consider running the update. Until then I am very happy with my 5.1.1. Z5C that actually works just perfectly.

Visitor
Message 229 of 292
Message 229 of 292

Not happy with today's MM6 update. My Z5 is very hot and draining a full battery within 3 hours. The only advertised power consumer is my display and it continues draining battery even when turned off.
Not read through the whole thread, but is anyone experiencing the same?
Adept
Message 230 of 292
Message 230 of 292

Did this happen with a previous Marshmallow version, or only with the recent *.185 update?

I'm currently on 32.1.A.1.163 and battery life has improved noticeably compared to Lollipop. I can go 2-3 days of regular use on one charge. Would hate for .185 to break that.

Apart from the Wi-Fi stability issues, I'm pretty happy right now.