account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 5.1 (Lollipop) sound mode options for z1 compact

Highlighted
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Android 5.1 (Lollipop) sound mode options for z1 compact

Hello all...

Android 5.1 rolled out for z1 compact. Thanks for most of the fixes (specially RAM fix), however I am having following issue.

Last update silent mode was missing. Now we have this back but are missing priority mode?

In sound and notification menu I have got silent mode instead of priority mode. In Smart Connect (pic 3) priority is available, but how to fix its option then when it is actually silent mode (pic 1 and 2) after all?

Screens added.

1) View in sound and notification - where it is showing silent, priority mode used to be instead.

1.png

2) Even options are the same as for priority mode.

2.png

3) Here's a picture of options in smart connect - priority mode is there, but where to choose options for this now?

3.png

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: Android 5.1 (Lollipop) sound mode options for z1 compact

First tap on volume rocker, then tap on the bell to switch to vibration then tap again to switch to silent. If you add exceptions, it is switched to priority.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

So, there is no priority mode no more but a silent mode with priority mode included? This is nonsense.

For me priority and silent mode are 2 different modes. One's for starred contacts and other one is for total silence.

The priority mode is not working properly anyhow. When notifications for only calls is enabled (pic 2), I still get notified about messages too. I would like it to be enabled only for calls.

Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

This is how I see it after updating my Z2 to 5.1.1. Sound modes are a little different.

Perhaps @Rickard or @Hampus can reply.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

This one is not yet solved...

Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

Read this and you will see this is how it works:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-8482-M4-Aqua/Sound-profile-issue/m-p/1039367#M2218

Rookie
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

Hi all, I have the same problem and I have read the link mentioned above.

So, I can't keep my own priority mode and silent mode at the same time anymore. What a shame. I really like the priority mode that makes no sound from all kinds of mesengers (I have to use 4 different messengers) but does not let me miss important calls, when I'm working. I could easily switch to normal mode when I was off work and to silent mode late at night.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

We do have both silent mode and priority mode. To access priority mode you enable "Allow exceptions" in silent mode as alexdon described.

If you want to allow certain apps in priority mode you can do this under Settings -> Sound & notification -> App notifications.

We are aware of one issue with notifications for messages in priority. Try switching to Hangouts for SMS and see if that helps from Hangouts -> Settings -> SMS.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

Hi thanks for the tips. For me, priority mode as an independent mode is just gone, as when I switch between silent mode and the so-called priority mode now, I have to tap 4 times, in addition to using the volume control.
Rookie
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

Sorry, please forget about my previous post. I got it and I'll just get used to it.