account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Android 4.4 Kit Kat

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 5 of 26
Message 5 of 26

Android 4.4 Kit Kat

1. Will Sony released the Android 4.4 firmware upgrade for the Xperia Go (after Google has released the source code)?

This is because Google Android 4.4 Kit Kat has been rumoured to supports older phone as older as Android 2.2 Frozen Yogurt.

I just hoped that Sony takes part on giving the updates to every older Xperia device.
25 REPLIES 25
Learner
Message 1 of 26
Message 1 of 26

android 4.3 for xperia go

we expect sony to provide atleast 4.3 update (bugfree)

as they have said they would provide 4.3 to some old devices as well.......any news?

Emperor
Message 2 of 26
Message 2 of 26

Re: android 4.3 for xperia go

news will be posted on the official news blog, anywhere else is nothing but speculation

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 3 of 26
Message 3 of 26

Will xperia go get android 4.2.2 jelly bean update like now in Xperia Z1

Will xperia go get android 4.2.2 jelly bean update like now in Xperia Z1

When can we expect the new version of 4.2.2 to xperia go

Emperor
Message 4 of 26
Message 4 of 26

Re: Will xperia go get android 4.2.2 jelly bean update like now in Xperia Z1

There's no info on this 

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2013/07/25/on-android-jelly-bean-4-3/

Hi everyone, a quick note on our software roadmap…

So, Sony’s Jelly Bean 4.2 upgrade for Xperia Z and Xperia ZL is well underway* – next up, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z will start receiving 4.2 from early August.

Yesterday you probably saw Google announce the next version of Jelly Bean (Android 4.3) – we’re already getting stuck in and can confirm we’ll make 4.3 available for: Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia SP and Xperia Z Ultra…

We’re also looking at uplifting some of our other devices running 4.1 direct to 4.3 – we’ll share more info / deets / timings when we can, so be sure to follow @SonyMobileNews for all the latest.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 6 of 26
Message 6 of 26

Re: Android 4.4 Kit Kat

This is all the info available

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2013/07/25/on-android-jelly-bean-4-3/

Yesterday you probably saw Google announce the next version of Jelly Bean (Android 4.3) – we’re already getting stuck in and can confirm we’ll make 4.3 available for: Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia SP and Xperia Z Ultra…

We’re also looking at uplifting some of our other devices running 4.1 direct to 4.3 – we’ll share more info / deets / timings when we can, so be sure to follow @SonyMobileNews for all the latest.

Visitor
Message 7 of 26
Message 7 of 26

very bad for Sony, think only marketing Slightly frowning Face
Inhabitant
Message 8 of 26
Message 8 of 26

Yes 4.4 is well optimized for even phones with 512 mb ram according to Google but keep in mind that it is for naked 4.4 not with all stupid ram consuming apps such as phone app or messaging app.So until Sony Mobile sees that, and gives low memory phones an raw 4.4 update as an option, this phone is dead for updates.

I really wish we could have that "Google Edition" for every Xperia Phone from Sony Update Center and then they'll give the full Sony version of the new android for the devices they prefered.Sadly, the phone i bought 1 year ago is dead and it is really hard to use with its apps that ruins the phone calling and messaging fast.All i got is unlocking bootloader and hoping someone would do a 4.4 build for GO.

One time poster
Message 9 of 26
Message 9 of 26

Aplezzzz update my Xperia go
One time poster
Message 10 of 26
Message 10 of 26

Re: Will xperia go get android 4.2.2 jelly bean update like now in Xperia Z1

Can Sony Xperia go upgrade to android 4.2 version??......