account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 4.3 9.2.A.2.5 update rolling, feedback

Adviser
Message 51 of 59
Message 51 of 59

Re: Android 4.3 9.2.A.2.5 update rolling, feedback

And the next Problem today:

Get a Call, but cant answer because the Display dont react , cant enter my Pin.

Shut down, turn On.... wait.... zzzzzzz

Adviser
Message 52 of 59
Message 52 of 59

This phone don't have auto recall mode. When i have receiving calls, sometimes i can't touch in screen smartphone to get it
Apprentice
Message 53 of 59
Message 53 of 59

@QuynhTran wrote:
This phone don't have auto recall mode. When i have receiving calls, sometimes i can't touch in screen smartphone to get it

me too Angry FaceSlightly frowning Face

I'm also still experiencing several serious bugs in Android 4.3 for Xperia V:

1. Touch screen sometimes doesn't work on incoming calls. It only occurs when phone is receiving a callin the pocket. Screen switches on inside the pocket and somehow reacts on its surface, and after pulling phone out it can't recognize fingers any more. If I will switch off screen again for several seconds during this incoming call by pressing the power button and then press it again to turn it on - there will be a big chance that the touchscreen will work again and I will be able to answer the call. This is the most annoing bug! Maybe this will help Sony to fix it. often i can't answer calls

2. Autofocus sound on recorded videos.

3. GPS is working much worse in 4.3 than on Android 4.0 and 4.1 firmware for Xperia V. Looks like the receiving signal level from satellites is much lower on this firmware. Phone loses GPS signal without any reason. Cold start takes much longer, and actually sometimes will not find my coordinates after 8 hours of seeking under the clear sky if Assisted-GPS (location from Google) is disabled (yeah, 8 hours, tested this with a charger connected). But in Android 4.0 and 4.1 I can use GPS even without any access to internet at all and no A-GPS data stored, in 4.3 I can't. time is so longer

4. Screen is flickering in some GPU accelerated applications sometimes. This happens in Google Chrome, some other browsers and games. This looks like a random black lightning crossing the screen for a short period of time.me. Very bad sometimes when show keyboard flickering blue screen Anguished Face

All this bugs are still present after flashing the phone with Sony PC Companion in repair mode (with losing data) in 9.2.A.2.5 firmware version

One time poster
Message 54 of 59
Message 54 of 59

Hello everyone,

same problems here after update...!!!!

GPS fixing is terrible und the AF-noise is no feature I hope!!!!!

I hope to expect some quick information or solutions, because of these bugs?!

Regards from Berlin

Bob_kett

Visitor
Message 55 of 59
Message 55 of 59

Hi, still no update for 1269-8594

Adept
Message 56 of 59
Message 56 of 59

Off course, my phone V is getting show day by day,,
And its not have enough ram for home launcher when every time i exit a app,home launcher restart...
Big issue
Dm1
Regular
Message 57 of 59
Message 57 of 59

@Dm1 wrote:

I'm also still experiencing several serious bugs in Android 4.3 for Xperia V:

1. Touch screen sometimes doesn't work on incoming calls. It only occurs when phone is receiving a call in the pocket. Screen switches on inside the pocket and somehow reacts on its surface, and after pulling phone out it can't recognize fingers any more. If I will switch off screen again for several seconds during this incoming call by pressing the power button and then press it again to turn it on - there will be a big chance that the touchscreen will work again and I will be able to answer the call

All this bugs are still present after flashing the phone with Sony PC Companion in repair mode (with losing data) in 9.2.A.2.5 firmware version.

I have additional information about touchscreen bug. When you is putting your phone into the poket - make shure that its screen is turned off (no backlight means touch sensor is also turned off). If you will do otherwise, putting it while phone is locked, but the backlight (and so is touch sensor) is still on - you will have troubles to answer the next call for shure. This is totally a software bug and Sony could fix it.

Adept
Message 58 of 59
Message 58 of 59

if sony didnt realsed the 4.4 or atleast a firmware update all of us wont buy a sony mobile in futhure Expressionless Face sony really **bleep** at there promise and at there software update the samsung wich realise 100phone per year can support all of them + iphone support there aging old iphone 4/4s

One time poster
Message 59 of 59
Message 59 of 59

Xperia v after update drain battery very fast. Why? Is there any solution?