account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 4.3 9.2.A.2.5 update rolling, feedback

Enthusiast
Message 41 of 59
Message 41 of 59

Re: Android 4.3 9.2.A.2.5 update rolling, feedback

My battery drains faster than before. Did anyone of you have the same issue?
One time poster
Message 42 of 59
Message 42 of 59

Same Problems as DM1:

I'm also still experiencing several serious bugs in Android 4.3 for Xperia V:

1. Touch screen sometimes doesn't work on incoming calls. It only occurs when phone is receiving a call in the pocket. Screen switches on inside the pocket and somehow reacts on its surface, and after pulling phone out it can't recognize fingers any more. If I will switch off screen again for several seconds during this incoming call by pressing the power button and then press it again to turn it on - there will be a big chance that the touchscreen will work again and I will be able to answer the call. This is the most annoing bug! Maybe this will help Sony to fix it. And whatsapp widget doesnt work while opening popup messages.

2. Autofocus sound on recorded videos. Doesnt matter for me

3. GPS is working much worse in 4.3 than on Android 4.0 and 4.1 firmware for Xperia V. Looks like the receiving signal level from satellites is much lower on this firmware. Phone loses GPS signal without any reason. Cold start takes much longer, and actually sometimes will not find my coordinates after 8 hours of seeking under the clear sky if Assisted-GPS (location from Google) is disabled (yeah, 8 hours, tested this with a charger connected). But in Android 4.0 and 4.1 I can use GPS even without any access to internet at all and no A-GPS data stored, in 4.3 I can't. Worst bug, cause running app doesnt work properly.

4. Screen is flickering in some GPU accelerated applications sometimes. This happens in Google Chrome, some other browsers and games. This looks like a random black lightning crossing the screen for a short period of time. Very bad for my game clash of clans

All this bugs are still present after flashing the phone with Sony PC Companion in repair mode (with losing data) in 9.2.A.2.5 firmware version.

Please Sony fix or bring KitKat!!!

Visitor
Message 43 of 59
Message 43 of 59

Sorry, wrong alarm. Everything is fine (with exception of a broken USB cable ;-)

Update is fine, looks like batterie lives longer.

TSC
One time poster
Message 44 of 59
Message 44 of 59

For the past couple months I was able to answer like half of incoming calls. I know it's hard to believe, but 99% of time i use my phone as a ... phone. It turns out that my 11 years old Nokia is better at being a phone. I don't have xperia anymore, it wasn't able to survive...

Adept
Message 45 of 59
Message 45 of 59

Same Problems as DM1:

1. Touch screen sometimes doesn't work on incoming calls. It only occurs when phone is receiving a call in the pocket. Screen switches on inside the pocket and somehow reacts on its surface, and after pulling phone out it can't recognize fingers any more. If I will switch off screen again for several seconds during this incoming call by pressing the power button and then press it again to turn it on - there will be a big chance that the touchscreen will work again and I will be able to answer the call. This is the most annoing bug! Maybe this will help Sony to fix it. And whatsapp widget doesnt work while opening popup messages. But my experience is that the touchscreen works to reject the call but not answer it. When I swipe left to right to answer nothing happens but from right to left it works fine!

3. GPS is working much worse in 4.3 than on Android 4.0 and 4.1 firmware for Xperia V. Looks like the receiving signal level from satellites is much lower on this firmware. Phone loses GPS signal without any reason. Cold start takes much longer, and actually sometimes will not find my coordinates after 8 hours of seeking under the clear sky if Assisted-GPS (location from Google) is disabled (yeah, 8 hours, tested this with a charger connected). But in Android 4.0 and 4.1 I can use GPS even without any access to internet at all and no A-GPS data stored, in 4.3 I can't. Worst bug, cause running app doesnt work properly.

4. Screen is flickering in some GPU accelerated applications sometimes. This happens in Google Chrome, some other browsers and games. This looks like a random black lightning crossing the screen for a short period of time. Very bad for my game clash of clans

All this bugs are still present after flashing the phone with Sony PC Companion in repair mode (with losing data) in 9.2.A.2.5 firmware version.

Please Sony fix or bring KitKat!!!

Regular
Message 46 of 59
Message 46 of 59

It may be not related, however Google+ has eaten 80% of battery in standby. I've disabled it. Will check battery drain with fresh charge.

One time poster
Message 47 of 59
Message 47 of 59

Same Problems as Bavaria:

"

1. Touch screen sometimes doesn't work on incoming calls. It only occurs when phone is receiving a call in the pocket. Screen switches on inside the pocket and somehow reacts on its surface, and after pulling phone out it can't recognize fingers any more. If I will switch off screen again for several seconds during this incoming call by pressing the power button and then press it again to turn it on - there will be a big chance that the touchscreen will work again and I will be able to answer the call. This is the most annoing bug! Maybe this will help Sony to fix it. And whatsapp widget doesnt work while opening popup messages.

"

Adept
Message 48 of 59
Message 48 of 59

very laggy more than the latest 4.1.2
i have downloaded and installed the firmware with very frsh phone ( i had got a replacement and upgraded directly )
before i upgraded to the 4.3 i tested my benchmark on antutu i got 1800 but after the upgrade my benchmark was terible !
it was 1250 ! 
even the aging old galaxy s2 can beat that score !

cant even answer some called 

on google chrom there is very annoyning bug the screen going crazy 0_O
and the battery drain very fast

what a shame sony
give us kitkat or fix your bugs

Inhabitant
Message 49 of 59
Message 49 of 59

I'm tired of this bugs Sony... Since the Ericsson gone there so many bugs & problem. Don't you miss the Ericsson?. Before your launch the future update, make sure there is no bugs anymore. If the bugs still there, I don't wanna buy Sony phone anymore.
Adept
Message 50 of 59
Message 50 of 59

I am using 5th generation of Sony phones,but now water goes above head,,
Soon i will switch to another brand.
Xperia V is nice showcase for me,or i give it to my mom.