account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 4.3 9.2.A.2.5 update rolling, feedback

Commissioner
Message 1 of 59
Message 1 of 59

Android 4.3 9.2.A.2.5 update rolling, feedback

Firmware build 9.2.A.2.5 update is now rolling, anyone received the update please drop your feedback here, any bugs or and bug fixed on this update.

Android version: Google Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)

Latest available software: 9.2.A.2.5

Release started: 2014-06-24

Included in this software

There are many improvements in this upgrade for your Xperia™ smartphone, some examples are:

• Enhanced user experience
  • Improved battery life
  • Software performance improvements
58 REPLIES 58
Visitor
Message 2 of 59
Message 2 of 59

Re: Android 4.3 9.2.A.2.5 update rolling, feedback

same problem, the camera takes very long to startup, and can't change the mega pixel count in auto mode.

One time poster
Message 3 of 59
Message 3 of 59

Yeah same problems. and still touch not work on incoming calls sometimes.got lag menu sometimes
One time poster
Message 4 of 59
Message 4 of 59

My Xperia V is very slow in operating.. and some times i am not able to answer calls..when i get any incomming calls. 

After few mins it will work but once gets normal its okay.  This happens once in a day..

Apprentice
Message 5 of 59
Message 5 of 59

Updated here in Paraguay,

But I still having problems with the phone in landscape (a screen flickering). But still feeling the same user experience. I suppose I should test a little bit more.  No other problem noticed

Visitor
Message 6 of 59
Message 6 of 59

I'm in Australia but bought my phone from Hong Kong and I believe it was a unit originally destined for Iran (the version number ended in 4388 IIRC).

Took ages for me to get the 9.2.A.1.210 (4.3) update so I'm surprised that I'm being offered 9.2.A.2.5 OTA so quickly...

Will wait a few weeks to see how people's phones explode before I upgrade though Slightly smiling Face

Apprentice
Message 7 of 59
Message 7 of 59

The same for me, it took months to receive the update to 4.3 but inmediately this little one. Maybe it is not delay between minor updates(or bugfixes) I don't see differences yet
Adept
Message 8 of 59
Message 8 of 59

Ok, I updated to 9.2.A.2.5 directly from Android 4.1, because I have a German phone that never got 4.3 before now.

I updated via SEUS and wiped the phone during the update, so I did a "fresh" install.

I can tell you that:

- the noise problem in videos is NOT solved. Frankly speaking, I didn't think it was so severe when I read the complaints, but I have to admit that videos are now almost unusable. And this after 7 months of waiting... this is my last Sony.

- the slow scrolling and flickering problems with Chrome in landscape mode are NOT solved

- the dialer seems to always open the "phone" page, while I remember there was an option in 4.1 to open the "contacts" page. Has Sony removed this option? And if it is so, why the heck? It's really annoying.

- the camera app is still slow to open (but I think this is simply due to the fact that it's heavier, so it will remain slow even in future updates)

I still have to test this version thoroughly. So far, I don't have lags and the laucher is smoother, so I'm happy, but the bugs above are pretty annoying, especially the video noise and default dialer page problem.

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 59
Message 9 of 59

Xperia V 9.2.A.2.5 firmware update rolling confirmed in Germany.

Source - http://www.gizmobolt.com/2014/06/27/xperia-v-9-2-a-2-5-firmware-update-rolling/

9.2.A.2.5 firmware details.png

Image URL - http://www.gizmobolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/9.2.A.2.5-firmware-details.png

Don't forget to give Kudos.
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 59
Message 10 of 59

I was excited, though t'was kitkat already.