account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Android 4.3 9.2.A.2.5 update rolling, feedback

Adviser
Message 31 of 59
Message 31 of 59

Re: Android 4.3 9.2.A.2.5 update rolling, feedback

autofoccus sound ? is that the annoying buzzing Sound in my Movies

"brrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrr"

Visitor
Message 32 of 59
Message 32 of 59

Yes. You can here it anytime autofocus works.

Adept
Message 33 of 59
Message 33 of 59

After some days of use, here are my impressions on this update.

Please, consider that I upgraded with SEUS directly from 4.1.2 and did a memory wipe, so I started with a fresh install. If you're having issues besides the well-known ones, my advice is to do a factory reset.

The phone is smoother, more beautiful and more pleasant to use and I didn't experience any serious bug besides the autofocus sound in videos (which Sony should definitely fix) and the flickering with Chrome in landscape, which anyway is not such a great problem, though I think Sony should fix this as well.

The camera app is slow to open only the first time and when it's unloaded from memory, anyway for me it's acceptable.

Battery drain: seems a little more than 4.1.2, but I can't decide.

The problem with the phone turning itself off when charged overnight, which was present in the first 4.3 releases, seems to be fixed because I always charge overnight and didn't have any problem so far.

Overall, IF YOU DON'T SHOOT VIDEOS, the update is really worth. The main improvement is that the phone is now smooth and beautiful, the interface more streamlined and visually appealing.

BUT, if you bought the phone to shoot videos, DO NOT UPDATE. The autofocus noise is so bad that it will ruin all of your videos.

Dm1
Regular
Message 34 of 59
Message 34 of 59

I'm also still experiencing several serious bugs in Android 4.3 for Xperia V:

1. Touch screen sometimes doesn't work on incoming calls. It only occurs when phone is receiving a call in the pocket. Screen switches on inside the pocket and somehow reacts on its surface, and after pulling phone out it can't recognize fingers any more. If I will switch off screen again for several seconds during this incoming call by pressing the power button and then press it again to turn it on - there will be a big chance that the touchscreen will work again and I will be able to answer the call. This is the most annoing bug! Maybe this will help Sony to fix it.

2. Autofocus sound on recorded videos.

3. GPS is working much worse in 4.3 than on Android 4.0 and 4.1 firmware for Xperia V. Looks like the receiving signal level from satellites is much lower on this firmware. Phone loses GPS signal without any reason. Cold start takes much longer, and actually sometimes will not find my coordinates after 8 hours of seeking under the clear sky if Assisted-GPS (location from Google) is disabled (yeah, 8 hours, tested this with a charger connected). But in Android 4.0 and 4.1 I can use GPS even without any access to internet at all and no A-GPS data stored, in 4.3 I can't.

4. Screen is flickering in some GPU accelerated applications sometimes. This happens in Google Chrome, some other browsers and games. This looks like a random black lightning crossing the screen for a short period of time.

All this bugs are still present after flashing the phone with Sony PC Companion in repair mode (with losing data) in 9.2.A.2.5 firmware version.

Learner
Message 35 of 59
Message 35 of 59

Camera bug( when i capture videos)
Movie app bug ( when i play it online)
Adviser
Message 36 of 59
Message 36 of 59

Mr. Gandalf

Do you Report Sony that 4.3.9.2.A.2.5 is bugged like **bleep** ?

Thanks <3 =)

Regular
Message 37 of 59
Message 37 of 59

Either SONY have cut their QA dept or they just outsource the firmware development. NOONE cares about camera bug for the 3 versions...

Message 38 of 59
Message 38 of 59

hi i have not downloaded the uptate shud i ? i dont have any problems whit my phone rigth now so shud i download pliz reaply!?

Dm1
Regular
Message 39 of 59
Message 39 of 59

halfamobilexpert, in case you already have 4.3 on you phone this update will not make anything worse than it already is, so you can istall it.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 40 of 59
Message 40 of 59

BE AWARE !

After that Update many user sayed that WLAN didnt work !

listen my Story from today ! its going even better .......

I drive with my car and turned GPS + Internet ON for Google Maps

all worked fine.

i entered the BAR, where i met with a Friend i turned GPS + Inernet OFF.

After  30minutes hes there and sayed "WHY IS YOUR PHONE OFFLINE !?"

hmmm ? look at my Phone its ON.

He stand next to me and call me again, i didnt get a call.

i turned GPS ON, didnt work. i tryed to turn Internet On, but no Sign at Top Bar. NO INTERNET.

i restarted my Xperia V , NO PROVIDER CONNECTION.

put the akku out and in again. now it works ! .

OMFG DONT INSTALL THIS BETA UPDATE !!!!!!!!!