account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Android 2.3.4 update for Belgian Xperia Arc users?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Android 2.3.4 update for Belgian Xperia Arc users?

Hello,

I seem to be experiencing problems with Pc Companion AND my phone's software update option: I didn't get the August xLoud/DNLA/new themes update, nor am I getting any messages concerning the availability of Android 2.3.4, with the much awaited 3D panorama and swype functionality. I'm still stuck with 2.3.3 and the 3.0xxx build...

However, a friend of mine, who also lives in Belgium, DOES have the latest software. Is this just my phone, then? Should I completely re-install PC Companion? (though it's kind of weird that the arc can't find it on manual mode either...)

I must add that I take software update issues very seriously, and I am getting desperate for a way to update my phone - although I am not a big fan of rooting since it simply involves more steps and may lead to even more problems. I've only got my arc for six months now, and software updates should still be widely available this soon after its release, right?

Anyway, maybe my friend's wrong and she doesn't have 2.3.4 after all... OR my phone is broken, somehow? (I just want this new update and as far as the future is concerned, this'd better not happen again because there are plenty of Android phone manufacturers out there, not to mention that new iPhone is suddenly looking mighty appealing...)

16 REPLIES 16
Master
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Android 2.3.4 update for Belgian Xperia Arc users?

http://dl-www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/110/61/1309763183/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.7.13.exe

download this and then try to update Slightly smiling Face

backup all your data first before updating..

see if the seus has the update for you Upside-down Face

Demigod
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

First thing to do, compare the SI#'s (1234-5678) on the stickers on the backs of the phones. Post them here and we can tell you more about where your phones are meant to be used. If they are different, this is likely the situation. Not every region/location gets the same updates at the same time.

Also, compare and reply with software versions

SETTINGS > ABOUT PHONE > BUILD NUMBER

We can go from there.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

By that you mean IMEI number? 012682001499673

My build is 3.01.A.0.145.

My friend's build nr is 4.01.A.0283.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

to make things even clearer, here's a screenshot my friend sent me:http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/321281_10150410860600312_619955311_10141043_...

So, I do fear that my phone is to blame. If SHE can update and I can't.... well, that's certainly a bad thing for the future of my arc. No more updates means  the phone is pretty much worthless. Okay maybe I exaggerate, but we live in the same country and as far as I know, there are no regional updates for Belgium precisely because the country is so small. So it has to be my phone that's not responding to my update prompts.

I hope it has nothing to do with the renewed Market app? Well, frankly, I just don't know anymore, and I wonder if it's possible for someone to send me the exact update software file so I can try and install it manually?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

There are several official ways to update your phone and an unofficial way.

The 3 official ways are :

1. Using PC Companion

2. Using the SE Update Service

3. Updating from the phone itself via Over The Air.

The unofficial way is to manually update the phone firmware.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

Software/firmwware update using PC Companion

Connect your phone to the PC via the USB cable

The update option on PC Companion (Support Zone --> Update).

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilephones/downloads/subject/pccompanion/xperiaarc?cc=au&l...

Please backup your phone data and settings before proceeding.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

The SE Update service

http://dl-www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/110/61/1317636927/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.10.7.exe

Download, install and launch the update service. Follow the onscreen prompts.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

To do it directly on your phone

Go to the Settings Menu ---> About ---> Software Update ---> Accept

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

The unofficial way

If your phone has an operator version of the firmware, it will be lost.

Check out this post http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/23641