account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

An microSD problem

Adviser
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

An microSD problem

Hi guys,

I recently bought this card (SR16UYA) for my Xperia M2 Aqua. To my surprise, I found it does not work like normal. If I record HD or Full HD videos with SD saving, they can not be played at all or some only partially. Same with the pictures, some can be viewed, some can not. I must mention that if I choose to save in the phone's internal memory, everything is okay. Before this card, I used a 4GB microSD Nokia without any problems. I tried exFAT format and FAT32 in Windows, plus deleting directly from the phone without results. The phone has the latest update for Android 4.4.4 KitKat.

Can be compatibility problem or a card malfunction?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: An microSD problem

@Simplyme

Indeed, the problem most likely is the SD card. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

So unfortunate to be Slightly frowning Face ?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hi Simplyme,

Welcome to the community,

I would need to agree with Uliwooly on this one, it does sound SD card related.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Adviser
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

My wife has the same phone, so will try the card on her phone to see if I have the same problem.

I will keep you updated guys, thanks.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Please do, and if you have a PC with a card reader, running a test on this card using a test software like h2testw might be a good idea.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

I have the exact same problem. After taking a video or photo sometimes its stores sometimes it doesn't. But the odd thing is sometimes I can see a photo in the photo album when I try to edit it or share it says "cannot load photo"  "cannot play video"  and then it dissapears and reappears after booting the phone. I've never had this problem before and the SD card has been working okay. It started after I edited a photo the photo wouldn't store after editing and even since then its " photo won't load"...."video won't play".

One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hi, guys. I have the same problem with my xperia m2. My SD card is smartbuy 32Gb, class 10. I plug the SD card to PC and run h2testw. h2testw end with no errors.

P.S. sorry for my bad english.