account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Am I forced to buy an ipod?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Am I forced to buy an ipod?

Hello everyone.

I'll try to summarize my dilemma.

Is there a Sony phone (or android device) that has decent headphone volume?

This volume issue looks like to be a tattoo everywhere.

I'm a huge sony fan (like forever) that's why I have an Xperia. I have a Google music paid account and I'm a music nuts, but I'm not getting what I need and what I think is reasonable in a portable music device. SOUND.

Is my only option, buy an iPod, forget Google music and get into iTunes?

There's something wrong here. Where's the soul of Sony? Why do xperia devices have Walkman technology but do not deliver the basic - VOLUME? How is Google expecting to compete if there are no competent android portable devices?

This is all very weird to me. I just want something as simple as "disable volume limitation" present in apple devices.

3 REPLIES 3
Learner
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Am I forced to buy an ipod?

Forum moderator! Someone from Sony! Hello!

Forum Legend
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

You could try buying a SE W595 such as this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Ericsson-Contract-Branding-Simlock/dp/B001FTFV0Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid...

I have owned this phone before and it has the loudest volume of any Sony or SE phone I know, especially helped by its Megabass mode.

Regular
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I too was a huge Sony fan but after buying many really poor Sony products and still singing their praises simply cause they were a Sony I have seen the light and tried another brand. The HTC One has exceptional sound due to its Beats Audio capability and is incredibly loud I actually have to turn it down a notch. The sound from this is fantastic also as are the two Boom Sound external speakers. I am converted!!!

Sony is more consumed in the fact loud music can damage your hearing as the warning likes to tell you on any modern Xperia phone. This should be the users choice and even going beyond this I have found the volume to be average at best. Pity Sony doesnt carry this concern over to producing a water resistant phone such as the Xperia Z that is actually water resistant.