account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Always getting 'Transfer Interrupted' when trying to transfer media from phone to microSD card

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Always getting 'Transfer Interrupted' when trying to transfer media from phone to microSD card

Hello! So I revently noticed that I am unable to transfer any data from my phone to my SD card (everytime I try I just get a 'Transfer Interrupted. Plase check SD card for possibly transfered data', or something to that extent). I am using a Lexar 16 gb class 6 microSD card, and have been since 2013 when I got the phone. Some other posts say it's due to the card being a class 10 and there's a compatibility issue, but I haven't found anything about class 6 cards. I've tried several times to unmount and then remount the card, and then restart the phone, but it's still not working. Any help is greatly appreciated! 

9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Always getting 'Transfer Interrupted' when trying to transfer media from phone to microSD card

@LonelyRoad

How big are the files? any antivirus? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Re: Always getting 'Transfer Interrupted' when trying to transfer media from phone to microSD card

@uliwooly

• 63.8 MB of photos 
  • 128.1 MB of videos
  • 27.8 MB of music

It says that I have 6.9GB of space left on my SDcard, and it originally has 14.91 GB of space. For anti-virus on my device I have CM Security. 

Emperor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

@LonelyRoad

Are you using the file commander? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Phy
Forum Legend
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Do you get the same error if you transfer the files while on safe mode?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008
Rookie
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

@uliwooly

I have it on my device and use it to find my downloaded content, but I don't use it that often. 

Emperor
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

@LonelyRoad

Try with the file commander and also @Phy's suggestion

Rookie
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@uliwooly 

How would I do it with file commander? 

Rookie
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

@Phy 

I just tried it out and yes, I still get the same error unfortunately. 

Emperor
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@LonelyRoad

Open the file commander > Internal storage > look for the file(s) and/or folder(s) > long press > cut > SD card > look for the folder to paste the file/folder