account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

All Photos & Musics on SD Card Suddenly Lost After Phone Dropped

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

All Photos & Musics on SD Card Suddenly Lost After Phone Dropped

I have installed 16GB SD Card to my Xperia M4 Aqua. Just last night I played mp3 through Music and I accidentally dropped my phone to the floor. It usually not acts strange, though being dropped several times, and I also use protector for my phone (both for its screen--with glass protector--and also its body). Then I charged it as it run low on battery. This morning I realized ALL my photos which were taken from my phone's camera and music files that I keep on my SD card is missing. Strange enough, the Applications, which are mostly I keep on SD card also, is still working, with no problem at all. The photo files that my friends sent me through LINE and Whatsapp are still there. I tried to unmount and remove my SD card, restarted my phone several times, and checked Recycle Bin folder on File Commander but nothing's there. But my SD card suddenly has 12GB available space, as I am very sure it has 11GB the last time I checked (means I lost about 1GB files?)

Help.

How can I restore my photos and music files? Is there something I can do about it? Unfortunately I haven't had all of it backed up on google cloud Slightly frowning Face I'm so desperate right now.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: All Photos & Musics on SD Card Suddenly Lost After Phone Dropped

@Andrea7

A drop won't delete your files unless the card was physically damaged. What I'd suggest is trying to get the card mounted on a PC/laptop and check if the files are there or not, also perform a disk scan. If you can't still find them then try to download a file recovery software (google it) and install it on your PC/laptop, note that it's not 100% guaranteed to restore deleted files.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

@Quester wrote:

@Andrea7

A drop won't delete your files unless the card was physically damaged. What I'd suggest is trying to get the card mounted on a PC/laptop and check if the files are there or not, also perform a disk scan. If you can't still find them then try to download a file recovery software (google it) and install it on your PC/laptop, note that it's not 100% guaranteed to restore deleted files.

Hi, thank you for responding to my blabber. I tried to open it on my PC and the files are gone. I wonder how could this happen? Recently, I deleted some chached data because my internal memory got low. My friends told me that I couldn't delete random files on Xperia as she experienced this kind of thing too. I didn't know about this! Can someone help me to list files that aren't supposed to be deleted on Xperia? Is that true if Misc. files should't be bothered?

I haven't tried to recover my data using software or something because I'm very pessimist about this Slightly frowning Face

Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@Andrea7

Just give it a try, and I strongly recommend that you don't erase any random files/folders from SD card unless it's your own data. If you wanna save some space by clearing cached data you can go to Settings -> Storage -> in the list find "Cached data" and tap on it and confirm deletion.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.