account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Album, Musik and Video app don't show content on SD-card after update to marshmellow on XZ3CT

Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Album, Musik and Video app don't show content on SD-card after update to marshmellow on XZ3CT

Hello,

on two devices of Xperia Z3 compact tablet, after last update to marshmallow (6.0.1) all Sony apps like Album, Music and Video, all content which is moved on my encrypted 128GB uSD card is missing. All other apps like VLC or the integrated File Commander can show the content (all my shifted videos, musik and photos). What is wrong?

Regards UbIx

5 REPLIES 5
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Album, Musik and Video app don't show content on SD-card after update to marshmellow on XZ3CT

@UbIx

Settings > apps > select the apps > memory > clear data > restart the phone > check again. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Re: Album, Musik and Video app don't show content on SD-card after update to marshmellow on XZ3CT

@uliwooly wrote:

@UbIx

Settings > apps > select the apps > memory > clear data > restart the phone > check again. 

@UbIx You can also clear data for media storage under the same path, but make sure to tap on the 3 dots and select show system.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@alexdon wrote:

@uliwooly wrote:

@UbIx

@UbIx You can also clear data for media storage under the same path, but make sure to tap on the 3 dots and select show system.

Hi alexdon and uliwooly for the fast repy. I've tested meanwhile both proposed solutions. But no one seems to be have an effect to the tree apps.

The reboot takes a litte bit time - due to the fact that I've forget, that I must remove my µSD beferore the boot -  due to the reboot loop in case the µSD is available at boot time.

As next step I will save all data of the device (internal and µSD card memory) and make a factory reset. Afterwords I will use the µSD as internal memory (the new marshmellow feature) - I hope that Sony have impelmented it.

Regards

UbIx

Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

The option to merge memories is not available, it has been dropped by most manufacturers. You should perform a software repair using Xperia Companion instead.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Emperor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@UbIx

It's not part of Sony's Marshmallow 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)