account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Advice for repair

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Advice for repair

I have had my Xperia SP (C5303) for just over a year now and the warrenty is valid for another year. I have an issue that light is visible from the sides of the screen; on the right side and very clearly from the bottom, I have had it since I bought the device but never really thought of it. After showing it to a friend he said that it is a defect and such light shouldn't be visible. It is only visible when the screen is on.

I contacted Sony Xperia Care and they said that if it is a manufacturer fault then they'll repair it under the warrenty however if it is not then I have to pay for the repair and/or the return charge of "£14.40 + VAT".

What I want is confirmation that this is a manufacturer fault (it is an issue-but not serious enough to impair the device). What I don't want is to send the device and then have it sent back with a bill with nothing repaired.

BTW I live in the UK and the device is factory unlocked to all networks and I have never unlocked the bootloader or played around with anything serious like that.

Advice is appreciated,

Thanks

Smartphones:

Xperia X10 mini pro, Xperia X8, Xperia Live with Walkman, Xperia L & Xperia SP
2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Advice for repair

You should send it in

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Advice for repair

Thanks for the reply uliwooly

Smartphones:

Xperia X10 mini pro, Xperia X8, Xperia Live with Walkman, Xperia L & Xperia SP