account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Add a language on xperia keyboard

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Add a language on xperia keyboard

Hi, I'm having some troble finding a Japanese language on my xperia keyboard. I can install Japanese as primar language on the phone, or as Google voice recognition language, but unfortunately,  there aren't any such options for the keyboard. Could you help me to solve the problem, as I wouldn't like to install a new keyboard. Thank you on beforehand.

5 REPLIES 5
Master
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Add a language on xperia keyboard

Go to settings > language and input > mark Xperia Japanese keyboard.

Then go to a message and press the text field so the keyboard appears. Pull down the notification bar and press "choose input method". Now you should be able to select the Japanese keyboard.*

*This may vary in different software customizations. If you don't find Xperia Japanese keyboard under settings > language and input you should contact your local support to verify if you should have the option or not.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

This was actually what I was yrying to say - I don't have Japanese in my language menu. I have it only as a system language and google voice input language....

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Can you take a screenshot? go to settings, Language and Input, take a screenshot so we can see what you have under "Keyboard & Input methods".

How to take a screenshot:

Press on/off and volume down at the same time.

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Screenshot_2013-06-27-17-51-39.pngScreenshot_2013-06-27-17-52-01.pngScreenshot_2013-06-27-17-51-28.png

ETE
Apprentice
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I have the same problem. The writing languages option does not appear in the settings menu. Was not the case before my phone had to go in for repairs? Any suggestions
suggestions?