account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Actual RAM..!!

One time poster
Message 91 of 103
Message 91 of 103

Re: Actual RAM..!!

dude, only 104 free ?
When is the last time you restarted your phone?

Emperor
Message 92 of 103
Message 92 of 103

he probably has

taskillers, antivirus, ram apps, battery apps or intrusive uneeded apps alike

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 93 of 103
Message 93 of 103

No I do not have any Task Killer/Ram apps/Battery Apps installed

However following are the apps

McAfee Antivirus, Skype, Maps, Mobile Voip ,One for news, Quick Pic, my Emails, One translator as i live in China, Currency Converter , We chat, Whatsapp and two of the cloud storage app (Dropbox and Box) thats it.

Restarted my device 2 days ago, but at anypoint of time free RAM is around 100MB only. 

Emperor
Message 94 of 103
Message 94 of 103

McAfee does take a big part of your RAM, yahoo mail/messenger slow down phones.

go to settings > apps > running > take a screenshot

restart your phone

and do the same, post both screenshots here

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 95 of 103
Message 95 of 103

Ok i took  screenshots , have a look here. 1st image is Before restart and second is immediately

Screenshot_2012-08-24-12-22-14.pngafter restart, shows a big difference, however not certain for how long it sustains Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 96 of 103
Message 96 of 103

Screenshot_2012-08-24-12-26-28.png

Image 2

Emperor
Message 97 of 103
Message 97 of 103

as you can see your phone is fine, the problem are the apps, you don't need mcafee at all, also you can disable unused apps like office  suite etc. those chat/messaging apps will use RAM as more conversations are used.

One time poster
Message 98 of 103
Message 98 of 103

Thanks man, One more prob i am facing if you had ever experienced that or someone shared.

Whenever i open Album on my phone the sceen goes mad and it starts flickering and almost blinking. Same happenes if i open photo from the Album . It starts blinking and i am unable to zoom or share or anything. This is very much annoying. However after a restart it works fine for some hours but again the problem is same.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/268310#268310

this is the discussion thread raised by me for the same problem, if you can assist me on that.

Thnaks

Emperor
Message 99 of 103
Message 99 of 103

it might be an app, repair your phone, do not install any app, uninstall mcafee, do not sync, open the pictures see if the problem persists

Update Service (SUS)

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

One time poster
Message 100 of 103
Message 100 of 103

Yes Man, it worked. However i did nothing. Simply uninstalled . Mcafee and everything went smooth. No flickering and no blinking now