account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Activating screen while on call (When the option to disconnect call is selected using power button)

Highlighted
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Activating screen while on call (When the option to disconnect call is selected using power button)

Since, i didn't find the proximity sensor smart enough to judge when to resume screen display (while talking on call) it's impossible for those (who have activated the option to disconnect the call using the power button) to activate the screen once it goes off at a default timer while talking. As there is no other physical button available (Like home) that can do so i would like either a resolution to this in the next update or maybe write a code to let the sensor work properly/embed the code to activate screen using the volume control button.

7 REPLIES 7
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Activating screen while on call (When the option to disconnect call is selected using power butt

The sensor itself should work in almost all situations, however if you have a case or screen protector on the handset this may impact its performance.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Re: Activating screen while on call (When the option to disconnect call is selected using power butt

Tried removing the screen guard. Still the sensor doens't work as it is intended to. Checked the sensor it goes on/off once i move my finger over the top left corner of the screen but, at the time of ph call once screen goes off it doesn't come back. I have to use the power button to activate it but then i lose out on the "Disconnect call using the power button" feature Slightly frowning Face

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

That is odd as the sensor does appear to be working. In this case I would advise running a software repair:

1. Download the PC Companion software from http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
and install it on your PC.
2. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
3. Phone Software Update.
4. Start.
5. Repair Phone
6. Continue
7. Accept data removal
8. Next
9. Wait for prepare
10. Select Phone
11. Follow the connection steps

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

TRIED THIS PROCEDURE BUT, IT WAS A COMPLETE TIME WASTE Slightly frowning Face

THE PROBLEM REMAINS. RUINED MY SCREEN GUARD AS WELL Slightly frowning Face

WHAT SHOULD I DO? RESETTING PHONE EVERY NOW AND THEN @ A LATER STAGE WOULD BE TOOOOOooo TROUBLESOME.

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Unfortunately in this case I can only advise that you return the phone so that it may be assessed by an authorised repair agent sorry.

MG
Adept
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

I had faced the same issue. Would try your proximity sensor fix as posted

Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

yeah! http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-Ultra/Proximity-sensor-issue-resolved/m-p/375571#U375571 IT'S RESOLVED. I have tested it thoroughly and it's perfect now Slightly smiling Face