account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Accidental COVER!

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Accidental COVER!

My Xperia SP's screen broke just above the illumination bar.

My phone was billed in the month of June/July. I went through the new accidental cover's terms & conditions which say that the device should be billed on or after September 15, 2013.

please tell me is there any option to avail this accidental cover by paying some amount and if not what about the Xperia SPs which were purchased before September 15?

Come on Sony we are also using the same device, why this date issue please xplain!! 

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

HELP ME PLEASE!! My SP's SCREEN BROKE!

Can anybody please tell me the cost for the screen replacement of Xperia SP.

Iv called up many SONY numbers but they all are non-responsive..

please tell me the cost and also tell if any money will be cleared under Sony warrenty??

my pup ate my phone and cracked the screen. the phone is still functional with touch responsive to almost all the areas on the screen. iv got cracks just above the illumination bar.

Forum Legend
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: HELP ME PLEASE!! My SP's SCREEN BROKE!

Hi, best way to get an accurate repair cost is to send it to nearest service centre for evaluation.

Try contacting Sony during office hour.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Thanx a lot. Actually I just wanted to have a rough estimate of the cost, if it comes out to be very expensive I would think to get a new device instead of getting it repaired. Also if any of you Sony guys can tell me whether any costing will be covered under warranty in this case? I wont have to take the pains to go or call the Customer care
Commissioner
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

I doubt that unfortunate incident is covered under warranty (my view) ....

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Thanx a lot dm84 for the link. I might have to consider the link you sent if the repairs are too costly here @ service center.
gwhispererz thanx, I also think the same as Sony handsets do not come under any accidental cover, which is provided by Dell...do let me know if there is any with Sony also.
Appreciate your replies but I don't understand why Sony officials never help out in such technical issues?? :/
Forum Legend
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

You are welcome. :smileysmileywink:

Come back again if you need any sort of assistance, glad to help.

Here's the contact if you need it, http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Commissioner
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

It's cool ansh_2013 a pleasure.
One time poster
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Hi,

I am a long time user of Sony mobile. 

I have purchased One Xperia SP phone On 10ThMarch,2014 .That time Sony had an offer of Accidental Warranty for 6 Months from the date of purchase on that phone

My Phone display screen got broken on the Lower side yesterday but all the other things are working properly .

It is not yet 6 months and i must get the replacement of the screen free of cost as per the Accidental damage cover. .

Please Help me znd let me know.

Thanks 

Debkalpa Sen Sarma