account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

About xperia z1 camera

Genius
Message 11 of 25
Message 11 of 25

Re: About xperia z1 camera

There is only one reveiw I've seen so far that was done with a full production unit and that was yesterday by GSMarena, here is a link to the full review which is quite impressive, all other reviews I've seen have been done with pre-production samples and do not reflect the fully released retail device, also note that even on the full retail device - the camera Firmware is not the full production release and will be updated in the coming weeks and will introduce new features and driver firmware which will improve the photo and video quality by quite a margin

here is a link to the extensive review  http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z1-review-983p2.php  as you will notice they have said they will review the camera at a later date

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 12 of 25
Message 12 of 25

xperia z1 camera app has some problems in macro and some other scenes

see this site

http://www.zoomit.ir/articles/mobile/6818-xperia-z1-vs-galaxy-s4-camera

language is persian but you can see sample pics

keep your mouse on pics ... right side is z1 and left side is s4

pay more attention on "flower" pic and "stones" & "bicycle" & "chess" 

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 25
Message 13 of 25

You can see some serious smudging in  those photos i mean the Z1 beats the galaxy in most photos but it's not by that big of a margin i still believe the main problem with this phones camera is sony's post processing if i compare photos from my arc s,mini pro or tx they all look smudgy the same way and those have different sensors so it must be sony's processing.I will sound like a hypocrite but trhis phone will be beaten by the new iphone 5s camera because apple tweaks it's software so much better than the competition and i don't believe in this crap about review units and such like that always sounds like an excuse to me.Fact is the 1020's review units gave amazing shots and the review unit is suppose to tell or give us an idea of the final picture and if sony keeps letting other oems use there camera sensors and then produce better pics than sony themselves it will only be a matter of time before it's customers switch.I mean spend some money and hire someone who knows about tweaking cam software for phones cause for real cameras sony is one of the best but in mobile they are way down the pack , if sony has a uk arm they can see if they can lur the likes of damian dining or someone like that who is a guru at smartphone cameras.

Genius
Message 14 of 25
Message 14 of 25

guys just remember that most of the articles and reviews you are reading and linking too are using review or prototype models that don't have the final software hardware or both, as I mentioned above we are starting to see some retail models appear but also consider the even current retail models are not using final Firmware for the Camera - so there is no point in linking to them or discussing the camera here until we get the proper camera FW released

Now whether that is good or bad for Sony to do this is another argument I guess but it certaintly didn't put me off buying the Z1 - if it's a good as the Z then I'll be happy - but I know it's much much better in every respect, I don't have any interest if it's better or worse than a Nokia - I don't want a Nokia and would never consider buying one

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 25
Message 15 of 25

I'm not considering buying a nokia as I've said I only buy Sony products but as an electrical engineer at an international airport at times photos from my device comes in handy especially when I want to show and explain to my team what I want done and where the problem is. When you have such heavy noise filtering and post processing the edge of the photos loose so much detail they get smudgy and that has been the case with Sony since they finished with the cybershot. I mean I buy Sony all the time but doesn't mean I don't look at the competition even the 1020 in comparison with the 808 smudges the edge of photos a lot all I want is less processing done that is all. When you have the time GeoffH head over to allaboutsymbian.com and look at what the best cam on a phone is capable of and like me you might feel underwhelmed by Sony at times, as I've said even the competition using the Sony optics/sensors are churning out better pics than what Sony is and it has been so for a couple years now all I want Sony to do is step up and I don't mean the megapixel count I mean the details in the pics from their respective smartphones. I'm just tired of the over sharpened,over processed smudge and no I can't walk around with my cam all day either security would make my life a living nightmare at the airport.

Genius
Message 16 of 25
Message 16 of 25

I do understand but I still think we need to wait until we have a full retail release and updated software, don't forget you can't officially buy this phone yet in a retail outlet - so we are in very early days

I have seen good pictures and bad ones taken with the Z1 but I have every confidence that I am going to be very impressed with the camera when I get the phone next week, even the Z came through in the end Slightly smiling Face

Genius
Message 17 of 25
Message 17 of 25

another good review with what seems to be a retail unit, pictures are pretty good to - thought I would share

http://www.unbox.ph/gadget/sony-xperia-z1-review-sony-has-seriously-outdone-themselves/

Adviser
Message 18 of 25
Message 18 of 25

in my above post a retail unit tested ... but you can see bad performance in some photos

also pics are very compressed

Enthusiast
Message 19 of 25
Message 19 of 25

Precisely what I don't want a photo compressed to smudge all I want is sony not to compress there photos so much that is where the problem lies. What's the use of buying a phone to install a 3rd party app like vignette or camera 360 all the time? Sony needs to do something with there post processing and compression way to much noise filtering happens I mean the center is clear but the edges of the photos are smudged and lack detail.

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 25
Message 20 of 25

I was thinking you are close to the hierarchy of the Sony team right, so what do you think about a cybershot app to rival the pro cam app on the competition? It would basically allow you to do more with the cam a true manual setting mode not normal setting mode where you can choose the compression filters,contrast and such like it's just an idea from a Sony loyalist and customer maybe you can pass it along the chain of command and see what they think.