account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

AVG Protection Pro

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

AVG Protection Pro

Hi

I've got a Xperia M4 Aqua and it's been updated to Marshmallow a while back. Today I rebooted my mobile and AVG Protection Pro suddenly appeared on my mobile. Has anyone else had this happen recently? I definitely didn't install it myself. Any ideas?

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: AVG Protection Pro

it is one of the bloatwares the sony use to place in their device, if you cannot uninstall it just clear the data and disable it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Does AVG use a lot of power or battery? I only use it to block calls but am wondering if it does anything else that stock Android already does anyway.

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

i really don't have the number on how much it consumes power, but remember even you don't use it,. it runs in the background, so it does consume power and Ram ,which makes your phone operate slower, it may also use network connection to update its databases, so it really is just a waste of resources, unless you are fond of downloading apps outside of google play store,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/