account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

A few questions about Xperia Z

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

A few questions about Xperia Z

Hey guys,

So I'm thinking about buying some new accesories for my Xperia Z.

1. First of all, I want to buy a new SD card. However, I don't know what to buy. I mean, I've recently seen that with the new 4.2.2 update, Xperia Z now supports 32 gb cards. But I don't know much about SD cards, like SDHC, SDXC and stuff like that. Can someone tell me what specifications should my card have? I've also read about different types of card formats.

2. I read somewhere about a storage dock for the Xperia Z? I don't mean the DK-26 charging dock, but something like a storage dock, you just touch your phone to it and it automatically backs up/transfers your photos, videos, etc. Is there such thing or did I misread? If so, where can I find it? What's the name?

3. The back-up function of my PC Companion doesn't work. Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks a lot for your time,

Cheers,

Chris.

3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: A few questions about Xperia Z

1. Keep in mind that the SD card is only for music, photos and videos not apps/games. 

3. try to reinstall PCC or check this alternatives

PC Companion (PCC)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Don't forget the Kudos 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Why can't the SD card be for games as well? Slightly smiling Face And yes, for HD video filming, shouldn't I need an SD card of a higher class? I mean, a 20 minute full HD video is almost 1 GB of storage gone.

Cheers,

Chris.

Emperor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

This info should be helpful 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Memory-in-Android-devices/m-p/348064/highlight/true#M8

Don't forget to give Kudos

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)