account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

6603 speaker phone feature doesn't work.

Apprentice
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

6603 speaker phone feature doesn't work.

This is ridiculous. I bought this phone because it had great reviews. I make calls and it works fine. During the call, I switch over to speakerphone and the volume is lower than a regular calls.

This is ridiculous. The videos, music, youtube, work fine through the speakers, but when on calls and using the "speakerphone" feature, the volume is lower than the handset feature.

What gives? How can I repair this? The stupid diagnostic sound test doesn't work right either. The handset test is loud like the speaker test. 

9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: 6603 speaker phone feature doesn't work.

Settings, call settings, equalizer

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

What about it? Mine is set to normal. How is setting it to "bright" make a difference?
Emperor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

@stankinaz

Boot on safe mode > http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008 > place a call > set it to use the loud speaker > turn up the volume > if that doesn't work then you could 

1. repair the phone with PCC 

or 

2. contact your local Xperia Care

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Safe mode was useless. What is PCC?

Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

@stankinaz

PCC = PC Companion, Sony software to sonnect your Xperia with your PC.

You should do a PC Companion phone repair, this will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory.

Install and Open PC companion -> Support zone -> Phone/tablet software update -> Repair my phone/tablet (blue link style). Follow the steps given, do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

thanks everyone for your support and for the quick replies. I called Sony Xperia support. They gave me an code with with a series of stars and hashtags and a boeing aircraft number which I can't remember. With the code (I wished I took a pic of it) I was able to do further test. It would appear that my right speaker is paritally out - volume is there but extremely faint. I only had this for 2 weeks. 

I was never a Sony fan, but between Sony and Apple, I'd rather pick Sony. 

Anywho, I will let it ride for another 2 weeks and see what happens. Maybe the phone will work then.  I can't afford to let my phone go. I guess I can choose to ignore the speaker phone feature, but this is truly upsetting. I will need to find a cheap replacement before I can send this out and those cheap chinese phones are looking really good right now. 

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Main speaker issue c6603

Sometimes I can't hear somebody who called me - it is fine on loud speaker but no sound on main speaker. How to fix the issue? It seems not to be a hardware because it is rare but really annoying issue. Maybe it has something to do with overheat, but idk.

Master
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Re: Main speaker issue c6603

I suggest that you try to repair the phone software using PC Companion..

Before repairing your device you may want to backup your information first. Check out this topic for more information on how to.
How to backup?

If the issue should still remain I think that this needs to be examined and fixed at a repair center. For more information about how to submit your phone for repair and where, contact your local support team.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Strange thing happened. I read someone's solution of reverting the sound settings to normal or turning off the effect features in sound settings. I did it and it work - my right speaker or lower speaker works

For some odd reason Google hangouts speaker phone function worked. Oddly disturbing was that Sony's phone feature didn't. 

How in the world does Google get it right and Sony gets in wrong with their own product. This Z3 isn't a product of Google's. 

I hope someone in Sony is reading this, allow both speakers to work like Google hangouts in speaker phone.  With this z3 only the  bottom or right speaker works.Google hang outs both speakers work. Thank goodness for Google hangouts  allowing  both speakers to work while using speakerphine. I thought I was going to send my phone in for unwarranted work.

For some odd reason, turning off the special sound effects fixed my problem - the right speaker worked again.

PS...Sony's tech support is awful. They could have run more test to make sure my right speaker was completely dead.