account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

5.1.1, problems with camera and notifications

Regular
Message 11 of 45
Message 11 of 45

Re: 5.1.1. bug report

Hi . I have updated my c6902 to 5.1.1 this morning and unbelievably 60fps video recording is gone ! Any idea\ explanation ?

Message 12 of 45
Message 12 of 45

@hussein1996 They were supposed to remove it as it doesn't work properly. Rickard said this some time ago.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Genius
Message 13 of 45
Message 13 of 45

anyone experiencing these issues - you don't happen to have a smartwatch connected to you phone ?

Just to recap

1. custom alarm sound crashes the clock
2. custom 15sec ringtone (mp3) does not repeat, rings once
3. camera takes about 3 pictures then the shutter sound stops (can still take pictures) once the camera is closed it opens with a blank screen icons only needs reboot to work again

Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 45
Message 14 of 45

Sorry to hear that you have issues after the update.

I tested this here but i'm unable to replicate these issues in my Z1. I do know that there may be issues having notifications and ringtones stored on the external SD though so if the files are stored on the external SD, please try moving them to the internal storage and see if that helps.

Have you found any certain way to replicate the camera issue? Is it for example a certain camera mode causing it or something similar?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Genius
Message 15 of 45
Message 15 of 45

no mate I can't pin it down at the moment, my alarms and ringtones are install in internal sd already, I am just updating my other Z! as we speak to do some testing although it won't have a smartwatch attached and associated sw, this phone is completely blank with no apps installed and has been factory reset and never rooted so will report back my findings

Sony Xperia Support
Message 16 of 45
Message 16 of 45

Could you test if this also happens in safe mode just to check if it's related to any downloaded app running in the background?

I've had my camera running for over 10 minutes now, taking over 70 pictures and shooting some videos both in auto and manual and saving to both internal storage and SD card but it works fine for me.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Genius
Message 17 of 45
Message 17 of 45

I have since installed 5.02 again so will do this when I get a chance, just booting up my other Z1 now after update to 5.1.1 via PCC and have put on there the same alarm tone I used before on intenal sd

Genius
Message 18 of 45
Message 18 of 45

no such problems that I can find on the other phone, so this must be down to an app or some ther conflict

so when I get a chance I will invetigate further, trying safe mode first then see where we go from there, also worth noting there is no smartwatch attached to this phone and no associated software - in fact there is no software or apps installed on this phone at all, as for the camera again none of the downloadable apps or extensions on the camera - it is all out of the box so to speak

Sony Xperia Support
Message 19 of 45
Message 19 of 45

I tried connecting a SW2 as well but have still been unable to replicate any issue here but it could perhaps be a specific app i don't have installed.

You also mentioned the phone was flashed with a modified prerooted firmware? Would it be possible for you to try on a clean install made by PC Companion?

Genius
Message 20 of 45
Message 20 of 45

this is obviously very specific to my phone and whaever apps or configuration is on it, even though it is rooted I have done very little in the way of modifications, as I said I have already updated my other Z1 which was in a factory state performed on PCC so as far as a completely standard phone with no apps installed there is no evidence of a problem

In saying that, other people have performed the flash that I did on the problematic phone and also have had no issues, so the has to be a differnce somewhere and I suspect it is some app that is causing this, which tbh is not really a Sony problem

Anyway if I find something I will still report it here

and just to recap - I have concluded that there is nothing wrong with the new Sony 5.1.1 firmware, this issue is very specific to my Z1 and either apps ot some configuration yet to be determined, I hope I can find out what it is

regards