account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

5.1.1, problems with camera and notifications

One time poster
Message 41 of 45
Message 41 of 45

Re: 5.1.1, problems with camera and notifications

Hi.

When the new update 5.1.1. arrived my z1 Compact has these issues:

0. for downloading new update, phone only allowed to use mobile data ( manually was set: download only via wifi) and it didnt charge battery at all untill i had downloaded the update.

1. quick menu functions dont work properly. sometimes they activate sometimes not. flash gets frozen etc.

2. wifi burns full battery with an hour ( just activated, not used)

3. keyboard freezes from time to time

i did factory reset and after that camera stopped working

One time poster
Message 42 of 45
Message 42 of 45

OS problem after update 5.1.1

Hi Sony team

I was updated latest android version 5.1.1 ( device xperia z1) now I am facing too much issues. Some time application's crash. videos not playing with Sony video player. Please fix the problem

Regards,
SAFEER
Message 43 of 45
Message 43 of 45

I'm having the same problem after I updated to 5.1.1
It's really annoying! I have to restart my fone to get camera to work but after I put the camera off then back on again I get the same black screen.
One time poster
Message 44 of 45
Message 44 of 45

I have same probleme with camera and video app Slightly frowning Face all the phone is not work normaly it became so sollooowww Slightly frowning Face i hate this update Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 45 of 45
Message 45 of 45

I have had this update on my phone, and have not gone ahead and installed it. I am not going to update to the newest and slowest from Sony. I have a policy to change phones every 3 years, I am in my 2nd year of ownership of the Z1, it has some great features such as the camera, but the wifi is pathetic, sound on the phone was good, then it got worst after some updates. I don't like the ability not to to be able to change batteries, yes, yes dust proof and water proof, but samsung found a solution with changeable battery.

I feel that phone manufacturers roll out updates to make your phone slow on purpose, so that you go buy a new phone. My wife has a samsung and feels the same with them, and before this I had an HTC which too suffered the same.

Although I must admit the older Google was incredibly stable operating system, and perhaps they are not testing their code as thourghly as before.